This past Saturday we finally broke down and took Ryan to get his first haircut. As much as I was loving his curly locks, the rat tail was getting to be a bit much. We found a Cool Cuts 4 Kids in Town & Country, packed up the camera, video camera, snacks, pacifier, the works, and headed out for what I knew would be a little challenging experience. I never expected it to be this traumatizing. While we waited, I snapped a few quick shots to capture how long his hair actually had gotten.
Love the cute curly locks!
Completely oblivious as to what is coming next!
I was also able to snap a few shots of his favorite activities these days. He points at absolutely EVERYTHING. It was cute at first, but along with the pointing comes a long and somewhat annoying grunting sound! So we now just name everything he points to and that seems to satisfy him for the time being. Just making some calls
Well, since we were not responsible parents and forgot socks and shoes (he HATES wearing them), we were not allowed to put him in the fun airplane and fire truck chairs since it was against state code, ha! Guess it turned out okay, because there was no way he would have stayed put once the trimming began. So, Ryan and Wes put their smocks on and took a seat!
And then the massacre started! I felt like such a bad parent trying to film and take pictures of my little boy while he is just bawling and trying to get out so that I will hold him. He was definitely drawing attention our way. Once he started dry heaving, I thought it was best to give it a break and try to comfort him!
Don't touch my hair!
He seriously started turning purple!
The final product. We left it just a little long in the back (even though I still think she cut almost 2 inches!!!), so he would have a little bit of curl left. I think next time, we will have to come up with some sort of alternative to cut his hair :) He looks like a little boy now and not my baby anymore, it was a little bit sad but it definitely looks like we are better parents and care about his hygiene and grooming! By the time we left, he had bounced back and was his normal self again.



1 comment:
he is such a handsome boy!
Post a Comment