It's been a pretty busy month around here with MDO, my brother's wedding, playdates, Wes' school, football, you name it! Ryan is changing everyday - I need to document it more frequently, so I apologize in advance for the lengthy post!
I swear he is learning a few words a day. Now, this is more for me to remember, but some new words include - juice ("jeeeewwwws"), door, key, beep beep, cup, cheerios ("cheetos"), top, gate, puzzle ("puddle"), bananas ("beebees"), tight ( when referring to his carseat straps), light, rock ("bock"), corn dogs ("co cows"), spoon ("poon"), bowl, apple, Scoot ("coot"), blue ("booooo"), yellow (one of his faves right now - "yallyo"), up up up, down, honk honk, teeth (as he points to the toothbrush), punkin, blocks (also "bock"), lunchbox ("bot"), teacher (calls Mrs. Donato - Dato and Ms. Mitchell - basically Mitchell), school ("cool"). That's all I can really think of. Basically, if you say something a few times and get him to repeat it, he's got it.
We've also been working on teaching him things he can't/ shouldn't do. So, we'll tell him "no, no, no" and then at random times he will go back to whatever it was that we were telling him not to do and he will shake his little pointer finger and say "doe, doe, doe". It's pretty funny.
Milestones include:
*About 28 lbs, Size 6 shoe, Size 4-5 diaper, and 2T clothes
*Sleeps 8:15/8:30pm until 7:30/8am (on weekends though he will sometimes sleep until about 8:45!!) and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon from about 1-3pm.
*Kind of a picky eater still - loves corndogs, fruits, cheese, yogurt, cookies (asks for them about 42,326 times a day), grilled cheese sandwiches, and bread (or any carb for that matter) Oh, I did give him some of our homemade Lobster Mac n Cheese we made this weekend. He did seem to like that, haha.
*Getting better at eating with utensils (as seen above)
*Still obsessed with order and organizing things. His new favorite is my make-up, haha. He runs into my room, opens the drawer and just likes to organize. He does it the same way everyday.
*Likes to pull down his pants and try and take off his clothes when its bathtime
*Still COMPLETELY obsessed with cars. We have to go look at them multiple times a day, and now he knows when anyone arrives that they had to come in a car, so we have to go see their car as well. He knows my car, Wes', CoCo, GiGi, Poppy, and Jerry's and will point to them and say our name. He can spot mine in a parking lots from 20 yards away. He's crazy about cars. real cars. not play ones. except his cozy coupe.
It even keeps him entertained at restaurants, which is wonderful since not much else does!
*We got his 2nd haircut the first week of October, and although he cried a decent amount, it was not near the spectacle of the first one. So, there's progress being made! He looks so much older now :) Here he his post haircut, on what I thought would be the first day of fall. I was wrong!
Ryan went and stayed with GiGi and Aunt Allie earlier this month the weekend my brother got married. They appeared to have quite a fun weekend. Here are a few pics from his adventures (please excuse the crazy long hair, I think we cut it the next day after seeing just how out of control it had become!)
A few funny Ryan stories from this month -
A few days ago my mom and I went to Carter's to stock up on some PJs for Ryan since he is now in 2T clothes; ah make it stop!!! Well, he loves to take his Puppy Lovey with him everywhere, but for whatever reason he also loves to throw it out of his stroller every 5 seconds. So, I am constantly picking it up and telling him not to do it again or else I am not going to give it back (of course I do though and obviously he knows it so he continues with this game - guess it's my fault). Well finally, my mom picked it up from him and a few minutes later Ryan, in an extremely panicked shrill, starts in with "Puppy?, Puppy?, Puppy?" as many times as he possibly can. So I kind of look around, thinking it will be right near his stroller. And it wasn't. So my mom and I are both getting a little nervous, crawling on our knees to look for puppy under all of the rounders and on the shelves. We even had two of the workers helping us. Sidenote - there was a mom and a little girl about Ryan's age there and she kept taunting him with toys. Well, they left and all of a sudden I had the fear that she picked it up and took it. I am begging the workers to look up her number to call and ask the woman, but they won't because it's illegal. Not what I wanted to hear. At this point, we had to let Ryan out of the stroller to run around because he was upset, and I was sweating and about to throw up. Knowing that we would have a few long nights ahead of us if we had lost Puppy (we even have 2 replacement Puppy's,but apparently they don't smell the same and just won't do). After about 25 minutes, my mom screams out that she found it. Apparently, she had tucked it under some sweatpants on a rounder that were the exact same color at the very front of the store. SIGH. So glad we found it. I think I have my learned my lesson and will only bring alternate puppy on shopping trips from here on out.
Ryan had a bit of a cold about 2 weeks ago and he was really pathetic, but so cute and cuddly. He would wake up from naps and not really be ready to start playing just yet, so we would just rock for a bit. He was even going so far as to falling asleep for another 30 minutes while rocking. Now, we rock from time to time, but never to put him to sleep and not really that much over the past 6 months. Well, ever since those 2 or 3 days of being sick, he will now pick up a book, run to his room, saying Bock? Bock? Then he'll sit by his rocker until I come rock him. He can literally sit in there and rock while reading books for a good 20-30 minutes which is funny to me, but I am loving it!!!
At night, when it's time to wind down we tell him to go get cozy ("cogi" as he likes to call it). He'll get his bumblebee pillow and his blankie and lay on the ground and sit really still for 2-3 min. It's pretty cute.
He is just so genuinely happy these days. This time a year ago, I thought we would never get to this point, but I look forward to all the time I get to spend with him and we're having so much fun!
A Week in Our Life: Friday
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment