Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sesame Street Live!

Late last week, my mom told me she heard on the radio that Sesame Street was coming to Reliant. So at the last minute, I got online and purchased some tickets for the three of us to go check it out. Now Ryan had never really been to a sports arena or any huge public event for that matter. When he was a baby loud noises and crowds really scared him, so we hadn't given it a second thought. The past few weeks he has really taken an interest in a few shows on PBS, including Sesame Street, so I thought it was a good sign he was ready to sit still for more than 10 minutes. I talked it up to him for a few days, telling him we were going to a "show" to see Elmo.

We started off the morning with some Shipley's (nice way to get him all sugared up so that he would stay awake!) and then headed over to Reliant Arena. The whole experience was perfect. Easy to park, get inside, find our seats, etc. Luckily he isn't quite old enough to be lured by cotton candy, balloons, popcorn, and any other overpriced nonsense. He was pretty excited to have his own seat.


Once the show started, he was seriously mesmerized. It was broken into two 40 minute acts, and I think the first 20 minutes he didn't move and kept his eyes locked on the stage. It was literally like nothing else existed at the moment. He was dancing to the songs and just obsessed with the lights. We were sitting somewhat close to the light technicians and once he figured out where the lights were coming from, he was more into that. Wes took him up at intermission to see the lights.

I seriously just loved watching his expressions the entire time, wondering what he was thinking about everything. Seeing life through a child's eyes is truly amazing. I know this just made his day and love I seeing him so happy. He thought every character was Elmo and talked about Elmos the whole ride home.
 My sweet boy!
Maybe in a few months, I will be able to take him to the movies :)

No comments: