My sweet, first-born just turned 3 this past week. It's really hard to believe. This kid is a bundle of energy and just doesn't quit, so sometimes it feels like he's been here forever :) He is super sweet and just gives hugs and kisses unprompted all of the time. Or will tell us he is going to do something because he loves us. He can also throw the world's biggest tantrum.
We just went to the doctor today and his stats were as follows:
Height - 39.5" (86th%)
Weight - 36 lbs. (86th%) - so random they were both the exact same percentage
BMI - 16.22 (jealous!)
They also took his blood pressure which was hilarious. This may sound ignorant, but I didn't realize little kids' blood pressure would be so much lower. So when they told me it was 89/48, I was a little worried!
His bedtime routine looks like this. We try our very hardest to get him in bed by 9pm and he require that the closet light is on with the door open because he doesn't like shadows (that's what he says at least), he keeps his water on his dresser where he can reach it when he gets thirsty, he sometimes wants his little sound machine/projector on, other times he sneaks books into bed and reads them for a bit until we get on him multiple times. He will usually call us in a few times because something is not right or "he's just not tired" or "I can't close my eyes." So, on a good night, he is asleep by 10 and on a really bad night, 11. I know, not a very good habit. Part of it is due to the time change. At least he sleeps until usually 8 or 8:30am and sometimes later. He has really started having nightmares and the nights he wakes up, he will wake up multiple times just screaming about different things or nothing at all. Of course, the nights he usually wakes up, are the night B sleeps great. I guess we'll catch up on sleep in about 5 years :)
He has favorites for everything - songs, tv shows, commercials, food, toys, you name it. He will say "this is my favorite show" or "this is my favorite song", but usually he will say that to just about everything. He currently loves the songs - Suit & Tie by JT, One More Night by Maroon 5, and Carry On by FUN. I think he has pretty good taste.
I know I just recently did a post on all the crazy things that come out of this boys mouth, but I left out a few funny things. He likes to make up words. One of my favorites is "chompers." He likes to gather a bunch of things on a bed, couch, or chair and say that hes in a "boat baycation" (meaning vacation). He calls the foot extension from the recliner a "footer." Then we you use one of his words, he very emphatically states "that's MY word!" He's really been into saying "excuse me" lately, but in a very high pitch, sweet voice. Then, whenever he gets upset or thinks he is in trouble, he says "I'm going to WALK out of here."
He asks just about everyday - "am I going to take a nap today?" As if the answer may change :) He will fall asleep in the car quite often.
He has become quite afraid of anything that looks the least bit scary. It's funny at this age kids can develop fears to things such as spiders, snake, monsters, etc. He recently pulled a few pages out of one of his books because he said that he didn't like the mean characters. He will say "I don't care for that _____"
Whenever he is really hyper or in a good mood, he just loves to skip everywhere he goes, or run, too. This results in multiple falls per day. I'm thankful for no accidents, yet. He just loves life.
His favorite things to play right now are his fire station (he loves to play pretend), trucks, look through books, play on his LeapPad (or IPad as he calls it), and still loves his kitchen. He has loved going to the park recently, running around in our backyard, and is getting pretty good with his soccer stuff. His favorite shows Barney, Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
He loves being a big brother and is just so proud to show him off. He really has been so sweet to him from day 1 and always so helpful. I couldn't have imagined a better transition. He just comes up to him and kisses him all of the time, tells him good morning as soon as he wakes up, and just loves to be around him doing whatever it is that Bradley is doing. The other day, B was fussy in his swing, so Ryan pulled up one of his chairs, got a book, put the pacifier in his mouth, and started reading to him. It was precious.
Ryan loves to run errands and particularly clothes shopping. We were at the GAP the other day, and I was looking through a few things for his size and he quickly caught on. He would go up to things and say to me, "isn't this cute? Do they have it my size?" :) He would go around picking out items that he would like to buy.
He loves his friends and asks about them all of the time. He is really into chasing girls as well.
Unfortunately, his actual birthday was not too exciting. I had been sick and Wes worked late. We had grand plans of taking him to Chuck E Cheese, but settled for baking red velvet cupcakes instead.
Love this boy to the moon and back! Next up - his birthday party post.
A Week in Our Life: Friday
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment