Friday, March 17, 2017

Christmas - Part 1

This year we kept Christmas a little more simple and spent one day with Wes' side and one day with mine. It definitely made for less stress, as well as less cranky children!! We got up that morning and took a few pics in front of the tree since I knew I wouldn't be able to get them to sit still on Christmas morning. We had made big promises of letting them open up one gift, which we have done the past 1 or 2 years. They very eagerly sat down and started posing!


 Charlie is always the wildcard...

 

 Once they got the go ahead, they tore right into them!


 Nerf guns all around!!!

After the full 30 seconds off excitement passed, we had a big breakfast and eventually all got ready for church. We went to an early service at a church we don't normally go to, so the kids had to sit with us. Bradley and Ryan really enjoyed the singing as well as the nativity scene re-enacted by children. They kept asking if they will be able to participate next year. Charlie did pretty well, and only had to leave for a few minutes due to him being "thirsty." After the service, we headed to Sugar Land for the Mock Christmas. Ryan had planned out a scavenger hunt weeks leading up to Christmas when he was at GiGi's one day. He wrote out a script and explained the rules to us. It was so sweet. We had to go searching for the various letters that make up the words Merry Christmas, and whoever found the most, won!
When it was time for gifts, we let the boys play the elves and help pass all of them out. It was a madhouse!
 Finally, it was time for the boys to open theirs....
 Charlie was ecstatic over his own Magnatiles. The kid is still obsessed to this day.
Ryan had randomly told me about 3 days leading up to Christmas how he wanted a snow globe. At that point, it was too late. I had hoped he would forget about it. Lo and behold, Aunt Nina had bought each of the boys their own and put pictures of them with her in it. She had no clue how much they wanted them. Ryan was pumped.
 He also really wanted a Chia pet, which I was able to relay the idea to Christina. We currently have it growing on our deck at the moment!
B wanted anything and everything Peppa Pig this year. Well, GiGi did not disappoint. He now has an extensive collection of Peppa and Paw Patrol!
 "THE PEPPA HOUSE!!!!!"
 Charlie's snow globe
 ....and of course, more Peppa. There can never be enough!
We got a big group shot of all of us, including the newest addition, Henry!
 A little close up of my newest nephew
After a ton of food and delicious desserts, we headed home for some more work to be done. We got the boys in their Christmas jammies, put out the cookies, and read T'was the Night Before Christmas before getting the boys in bed. Santa arrived not too long after they were in bed. I began feeling very fatigued and my bones were aching. I assumed I was just exhausted and got in bed as soon as I could. Little did I know what the next week would hold for me!!

 Santa must have been hungry!!!

No comments: