Monday, November 23, 2009

5 down, 4 to go!

We've reached the 5 month mark, and I am now really starting to feel some of the effects of pregnancy! I never knew what heartburn actually felt like until a few days ago, and it is not fun :) I also seem to be growing by the hour, but it's nice to know our lil one is growing too! I have started feeling him move a lot more now as well.

We went to the doctor last week for our anatomy scan, and he looked perfectly healthy, which we were very relieved to hear. He measured 10 inches long and weighed about 1 pound! He was kicking and moving and making fists all over the place; it was a lot of fun to watch. The technician said he was measuring about 1 week ahead, but they are still keeping the due date at April 4 (which I just learned this week, that is Easter this upcoming year!!). I am attaching some pics of the ultrasound below.






Here are a few pics of my growing stomach, for those of you I don't get to see as often :)

At 20 weeks


At 21 weeks - seems like a huge difference to me (this is also the color of the nursery)





We have finally decided on a name for the little man. He will be named after Wes, which will be Wesley Ryan Mock, Jr. but he will go by Ryan.

In other news, we have been working on some home renovations. We just recently had most of our floors replaced from the old vinyl tiles dated back to the 1960's, to wood and ceramic tile. We also had the nursery painted blue, so now we can actually start planning it and filling it up! Here are some pics of the house projects!

 BEFORE (this was before we moved in, we did make changes between then and now!)


AFTER 



Our Dining Room BEFORE


Dining room AFTER




We're looking forward to the Thanksgiving break and spending time with our families and friends (and probably eating a lot as well). Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

The Crawfords said...

Oh my gosh Jen! You are SO big!! I can't wait to see you this weekend and get to say hello to Mr. Ryan! The house looks amazing! Thanks for posting =)

Amber said...

Jen! You are so cute preggo! Congrats again on so far a healthy and happy pregnancy! Your house renovations look awesome! I blog too! Come visit anytime!

Robert and Kim Holz said...

Jen, you look awesome. It is so amazing to feel a baby growing inside of you and only a mother can relate those feelings. It is truly a miracle that only God can provide. Your house also looks amazing!! I love the before/after pics. We have to go by and see it. We need to have dinner soon - just 5 of us (including Jackson). He can sit on your side of the table so you can get a feeling of what's it like with a toddler. ha!! Congrats again. We find out the sex Jan 21st. So awesome. love, Kim and Robert

Kristin said...

Jen!! You look so BEAUTIFUL!!! and the house looks amazing!!! hope to get a chance to see you guys soon and meet the newest little mock soon!

~kristin =)