Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lately....

What have we been up to lately? Well, not too much (Maternity Leave is hard work!!). Ryan is almost 7 weeks old and is growing like a weed. We took him to the doc on Tuesday because he seems to cry during most of the waking hours and we learned that we may possibly have a colicky baby on our hands :( We hate to see him suffer so much, but he seems very discontent when he is awake most of the time. We're trying a few different things to see if we can kick whatever it is that is going on, so we shall see. We do know that he is getting PLENTY of food, however. He was 12 lbs 14 oz on Tuesday and he has almost outgrown all of his 3 months clothes and Size 1 diapers!!! So I just recently washed all of his 6 months stuff, which makes me sad he is getting so big so quickly!! He LOVES being outside and riding in the car, so we try and get out as much as possible.
Here he is at a few of our recent outings -
Lately, this is the only position that will calm him down (besides walking him around and around the house for hours!!)


Happy Ryan :)

Other than that, Wes is planning to build out the rest of our yard and put in a back fence soon, so we can have a nice yard for the lil guy to play in one day. I have been cleared for exercise, which is a blessing and a curse considering I was unable to workout my entire pregnancy, so I have not been to the gym since late July. I went for the first time on Tuesday and just did some light cardio and am paying for it now! We also plan to take him to my office and Wes' office very soon to meet all of our co-workers. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

pwsowa said...

Congrats to both of you. Well colicky is known in my family as all 4 of my kids had it and it lasted I hate to say for at least 3 months some a little longer. There are some things i was taught by my doctor i can share with you but will have to explain over the phone so give me a call 713-443-4571 it seemed to work most of the time. Take care and your family is just beautiful. Pam sowa

Unknown said...

Connor was a lot like that as a little guy. Fussy during the day but loved to be outside and going places. Trust me I was going crazy - I felt like we couldn't take him many places because he would just get fussy. At about 5-6 mths he totally changed and became such a fun baby!!! Good luck and can't wait to meet him.

Katie said...

Congratulations Jenn! I found your blog a while back and have enjoyed seeing all of the pics of your new addition! He is too precious. I added your blog to my blog list...hope you don't mind. :) Jason and I's blog is www.themayeauxs.blogspot.com. I have it set as private so send me an email (katiemayeaux@gmail.com) or a message on facebook with your email address, and I will add you if you want. Congrats again on Baby Ryan.