....well, sort of. I was supposed to return this week to work, but after giving it some serious consideration, Wes and I decided that I may need a little more time still at home with Ryan. Luckily my work is very understanding and is allowing me to take a Leave of Absence through Labor Day, which will give me another 12 weeks with Ryan. As much as I want the time with him, I think he needs it too. Either he has been anticipating my return to work or just digressing in all the progress he has made over the past few weeks, but the past 4-5 days, he has been a handful. Just fussing and crying a TON during the day and not napping too well. Luckily, he sleeps pretty good at night. We put him to bed by 9 and he usually gets up about 2:00 then again around 5:30. Only problem his, he is not to excited about going back to bed after that, and thus begins the vicious cycle of being too tired and not wanting to sleep during the day. So long story short, we just aren't quite ready to leave him with the nanny all day, everyday. He absolutely loves to sleep on his tummy, when he will actually nap, it just makes me nervous since he doesn't have full control of his neck/head. So I check on him like every 5 min!
loves to stick that butt up in the air!
Two of his favorite things right now are loungin' and bath time!
Watching TCU beat Texas. He is already very interested in baseball!
Absolutely LOVES to stare at fans. I don't get his infatuation with them, but they make him happy.
so chunky :)
We have also put him in one of his big boy toys. Although not quite big enough, it will keep him entertained for a good 20 min. It's amazing how much I can get done in 20 min now - put a load of laundry in, empty the dishwasher, eat breakfast, and maybe put on a little make-up!
In honor of Father's Day coming up, here are my two favorite boys just hanging out. Love them both so much.




1 comment:
Love the update and the pictures :) I'm so happy for you that you have the opportunity to stay home through the summer with him. What a blessing!
Post a Comment