Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dallas Weekend

This past weekend Wes and I went to Dallas for my friend Courtney's wedding. It was our first weekend to leave Ryan for a whole 48 hours! Thanks CoCo and Poppy for watching him; we definitely missed him, but had a great time.

Friday night we went to dinner at Gloria's with our friends Ashley and David and their precious daughter Alexandra, who is a month older than Ryan. I'm sad I did not get any pics of her! We then went to Sarah and Heath's townhome, where we stayed for the weekend and got to see their new place. We went out Friday night and met up with Wes' friend Ed at TABC and stayed up way too late. You would think with a weekend away we would take advantage of sleep, but I think we slept less both nights than we do on a normal night at home. Oh well, it was worth it!

Saturday during the day we went and played Top Golf, which is awesome. If you don't know what it is, it's like a combination of golf, skee ball, and bowling but with real golf clubs. It was so much fun.

Here is the course - kind of like a driving range with huge targets in the ground that you aim for.


Wes and I tied the second game!

Saturday night was Courtney and Brandon's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful, unlike any other wedding I have ever been too. The reception was at F.I.G - the Fashion Institute in downtown Dallas. Everything was a deep red and black - very dramatic and so swanky. I wish I had taken more pics. The band was amazing, I think like 11 people, as well as the food and the cake (red velvet, my favorite!). It was really fun getting to catch up with all my Zeta friends who I hadn't seen in a while.


The beautiful bride and groom.


typical :)

We headed home Sunday afternoon and everyone was pretty pooped.

Ryan did really well with us being away for an entire weekend, but I think he was excited to see us (or at least I hope he was!) I think he was so excited that when we got home, he decided to roll over!
He did it quite a few times in his crib and on the floor from his back to his tummy. It is pretty funny to watch.

Hey guys, look at me!!

He also has started really grabbing at things. Not just kind of hitting, but really getting destructive! I foresee a lot of broken items in the future! He just kicks anything and everything uncontrollably and yanks at anything in site! All in all, it was a wonderful and much needed first weekend away. Now we can look forward to floating the river with Jill and Turner in a few weeks :)

No comments: