So, last Friday morning Ryan was playing on his mat in our living room and I noticed he was beginning to look a little tired. He always starts rubbing his eyes or laying his head down on his pillow pet, so I usually have a pretty good idea when it's nap time. I said, "Ryan, are you ready to go night night" and proceeded to pick up his pacifier and his puppy. He immediately, perked up, crawled right over all his toys on his mat and took off toward the hallway.
I sat back for a second, wondering where it was that he was going. He usually crawls up and down the hallway, stopping to play with each door along the way. I let him go so that I would not distract him, all the while he is laughing and cracking himself up. Once I figured out where he went, he was sitting right next to his crib! He has NEVER done anything like that before. I picked him up, put him in the crib and before I sat down and looked at the monitor, he was out like a light!
I tried this with him again, both Saturday and Sunday and it was no coincidence. Both times, he crawled right to his room (now he didn't stop at the crib this time). I think he may think it is some sort of a game now, because he laughs the whole way there! What a smart lil cookie :) Now if he can always be this excited about nap time, life would be gooood!
A Week in Our Life: Friday
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment