Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blankets, Towels, & T-shirts, oh my!

Ryan absolutely LOVES soft fabrics. He has been known to cart a towel, a blanket, his puppy, and a pillow all at once around the house. He is constantly throwing himself in piles of pillows, playing peek-a-boo with a towel or a blanket, and even picking up his clothes from around the house and hoarding them. For whatever reason, fabric makes him happy. I mean downright giddy; he just starts going nuts once he's in a pile of laundry, towels, you name it.

The other day, I was doing my quarterly "put away the clothes that don't fit anymore" chore. I started going through them in his room and putting them on the floor in a pile that needed to be put away. After about 3 minutes, this is what I find.

He had piled all of the clothes in his trashcan. He then proceeded to take them all out and roll around in them (sorry for the blurry pics, they were on my IPhone and he's way too squirmy for good pics).


I then picked up all of the clothes and went to put them in the guest room drawers. Of course, he followed me in there. I should have known better, the minute he saw me open the drawer, it was Clothes Heaven. Now he was pulling out the old clothes as well.
We finally get them all put away and go into my room so I can get dressed. After a minute of not hearing him, I look into my room from the bathroom, and lo and behold, he had gone BACK into the guest bedroom, pulled a few items out, brought them into my bedroom, and made himself comfortable with his feet propped up on my dresser. What am I going to do with this kid?!?!