Thursday, September 6, 2012

Baby boy dos

I have been meaning to post an update on baby boy #2 for about 2-3 months now, haha! As most of you know, we will be welcoming another baby boy to the family at the end of this year.

We are all pretty excited! My official due date is January 2, but assuming he is anything like Ryan in terms of size, my doctor says she will want to induce at least 2 weeks early like last time, assuming my body agrees. So, hopefully this means we will maybe have a new bundle of joy in our home for Christmas!

When we first showed Ryan a pic of the ultrasound, he said look at that doggy! Wes and I cracked up laughing. We have really been trying to prep Ryan for this change and I think so far he is on board with the whole idea of baby brother. He now calls him by name, kisses my tummy, talks about how they are going to play together and he is going to share his toys with baby B. At first, he thought everyone had a baby in their tummy and would always lift his shirt asking where his baby was. He then thought his baby was hiding in his pockets. He now understands only mommy's have babies in their tummy. We have so many friends right now that are pregnant, that he is getting to see the baby bumps all the time!

I felt much better this time around than I did with Ryan. I was hardly sick at all, just really tired (and still am!) I nap on the weekends, and sometimes during the week, too! By the end of the day, I am just worn out. This time around, I had a little procedure done at 12 weeks to hopefully help keep Mr. B in, and so far, everything has held up fine. I think we just passed the point where I was with Ryan when I had to go in for my emergency procedure to stitch him in. I also have started having contractions for about 4-6 weeks now, so my doctor is trying something different this time around to hopefully prevent so many episodes of pre-term labor. I have been taking Progesterone shots once a week for the past 3 weeks and will continue this for at least another 2 months. I think it is helping, so maybe I will have much better experience this time! I'm crossing my fingers for no bed rest. I also started feeling baby boy move around 16-17 weeks and then full on kicking at 18 weeks (which is about an entire month earlier than I did with Ryan). It's so nice to be able to feel him moving around all the time, he is an active one :)

I've started working on the nursery some, in terms of starting to buy some things and have my idea together. I'm going for a white, yellow, and gray elephant/bird theme. We are about to undertake a MASSIVE home remodel project that will hopefully start in two weeks and probably will be put at least me and Ryan out of our house for the most part of the next 4-6 weeks. Hopefully, by November 1, we will all be back in the house and can get ready for Baby B with a new kitchen and master bath :) Here are a few ultrasound pics from my last few appointments.
 
Here he is at 13 weeks
 Looking like an alien looknig at us at 16 weeks
 My 20 week appointment, we had a hard time getting good profile shots but here are two tiny feet :)
Ryan has attended the past few appointments and was less than impressed with the ultrasounds and seeing baby brother on the big TV. He was much more interested in monitoring the construction projects outside the office.
That's about it for now. I have my 6 month appointment in 2 weeks, so maybe we will start to get an idea for his size!

No comments: