Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Birthday boy

Wes' birthday was mid-August and since we haven't had any birthday's to celebrate recently, Ryan was so excited to celebrate (you would have thought it was his birthday!). Wes' birthday was on a Friday, so when we started talking about it Thursday night, Ryan immediately chimed in and wanted to know when/where Daddy's birthday party was. So, since Wes had that Friday off, we decided to have a lil family party. I had a doctor's appointment that morning, so afterwards we went to Chick-a-la, as Ryan calls it, and then headed to Noah's Ark to go swimming and play. We continued our day of celebrating with junk food by chowing down on pizza and drumsticks! Ashley and Alex came to meet us, too and I think Ryan was either showing them Gig'em or that he was two - I'm not sure!

That evening, we went to dinner at Zelko Bistro (one of my new favorite obsessions) with Nancy and Manuel. I had mentioned to Wes that I was going to pick up some cupcakes for afterwards and apparently the little ears heard me, so that was all he could talk about from about 4pm on! Luckily, it gave him the right amount of motivation to behave at dinner! He was so excited about the cupcakes when we got home! Can you tell?!?


All he wanted to do was lick the icing, a boy after my own heart! The next night, we celebrated with my family at Perry's which was so yummy. Both Wes and our sister-in-law, Alissa's birthday's are just a couple of days apart and just so happen to fall in Houston Restaurant Month - so it gives us an excuse to go eat a delicious dinner every year. Wes and I decided we should continue to take advantage of the excuse to celebrate his birthday and went to our other favorite restaurant Vic and Anthony's the following weekend! Today, we capped off the celebrating at GiGi's with more cake. Apparently, Ryan was so excited about putting the candles on the cake, he couldn't sleep last night and woke GiGi up at 5am to discuss the candles! He was very proud of his cake he helped bake :)
It's been a fun few weeks celebrating and eating! I can only imagine how we will have to celebrate next year, when he turns the big 3-0!

No comments: