He loves to just stare at people and would be perfectly content with doing that most of the day (or being held, of course). He is really loving his piano playmat now and just gets after his with his kicking. He is pretty obsessed with looking at himself in the mirror (I can't blame him, he is pretty cute), and will just laugh and coo. Whenever he does get fussy, the mobile in his crib can usually calm him down which give us a few minutes apart to reset.
Speaking of the crib, he still is not sleeping in it. Oops. Guess that will be the goal for month 4 :) He was just sleeping so well, we hate to change that. Up until two nights ago, he would eat around 9:00, then go to bed and not get up until 4:30-5:30 then go back to sleep for another 3 hours. For some reason, the past few nights he has wanted to get up an extra time, so maybe now is the time to make the shift. Update: since I am now posting this a week late, it looks like we are back to our original schedule - so I am thinking it was a growth spurt, thank goodness.
B still hates tummy time, but at least is getting a little better lifting his head. His head control is fine, but he has no interest in being on his tummy or working to lift his head, something his pediatrician was less than impressed with. What can I say, the boy likes to be held and who likes to make a baby scream and cry!? He will tolerate the Bumbo and can sit in it for a few minutes at a time.
He still eats all.day.long. Ugh. For whatever reason he can only take 2.5-3oz at a time usually. So unless he's taking a long nap, his schedule looks like this: eat, lay around/smile/play for 45 min, nap for 35 min, eat, repeat. This basically has him eating every 2-2.5 hours a day. Not ideal at all. My doctor tells me to let him cry to try and stretch it to 3 hours so that when it is time to eat , he will get down to business, but I don't think he can handle much more volume. Any bit over 3oz and he spits up. It's weird. As for naps, I think he is the typical second child napper. He naps when and where it is convenient. His best naps are in the car, swing, or when we are out and about during the mornings/early afternoons. He likes to front load his sleep during the day, which can make the evenings a little hard because he's not that tired, but come 6-7pm he can get a little fussy. I am sure part of it is boredom because I feel like he is bored a lot of the day. He also doesn't have much interest in napping in his room which makes it hard to try and "put him down" for a nap. I would love to get him on a schedule, but I don't think that will be happening for a couple of months. Oh well, they all figure it out at some point, right?!!? At least that is what I like to think.
He is OBSESSED with his hands. It's hilarious. He can just play with them and stare at them for 30 minutes sometimes. The world's cheapest baby toy! He has also really started to talk and coo and discover his voice. I love it. It's funny because his cry has gotten a lot more mature in the past week or so. He tries to put just about everything in his mouth. He loves to gnaw on his hands and sticks them so far back in his mouth that he chokes. He also does the same with the bottle. You would think he was teething molars.
We just moved him up to his 3-6 months clothes as well as size 2 diapers. There was no doctor's appt. this month, but we think he weighs about 13lbs. 10oz. according to our scale. He makes my heart so happy, I really do look forward to him waking up in the morning (so long as it's not too early!).
His 3 Month pics
Not a bad view from my office :)
Love you buddy!




2 comments:
He is precious - I think he looks alot like you =)
I'm sure y'all have it figured out by now, but Clare's schedule is EXACTLY what you described for Bradley. She just turned 3 months and eats every 2-2.5 hrs with some playtime and a short 45 minute nap in between. She only wakes once at night (3:30 or 5:30), so I let her catnap during the day while everything is going on too.
Post a Comment