Ryan has developed a little attitude lately in some of the things he says to us. For instance, if we didn't hear something that he said the first time or he is really wanting something, he will say, with a lot of attitude, "I said, I want some breakfast (or fill in the blank)." Also, if we ask him to do something and he doesn't want to, he will say "how about NO" or "how about I don't." If we are giving him instruction on something he's not too elated about, in a very condescending tone, he will almost shout back, "GOT IT!"
He loves to refer to himself in the third person when it comes to letting Bradley know things or tell him something. He will always ask me "Mommy, tell the little brother that the big brother went potty (or numerous other things that he does)." And then we have to repeat it just as he asked to B to let him know whatever it is that the big brother is doing. I think he thinks we have some sort of special line of communication with Bradley that he does not. It's really cute.
He can also be very complimentary as well. He loves to tell us what a great job we are doing, or how beautiful something is, but it's funny the tone he takes because you would think he was our teacher or parent the way he says it. Whenever we ask him to do a favor for us (which usually involves fetching something for B), he loves to enthusiastically say, "Of Course!!" He's also loving adding some grown-up words to his vocabulary. He constantly is saying things such as "actually, probably, or absolutely." It's cute.
He tries to incorporate the concept of time into his daily schedule. If he is trying to recall events of the past, they usually have occurred either 2 months ago, yesterday, or 30 minutes ago. He'll try and tell us "Mommy, remember two months ago when we went to ____?" When it may have been just two days before. Sometimes, he will look at the clock and state what time he thinks it is. It's usually 9:30. The other day, when it was about time for our nanny to leave, he got up on the couch, to look at the big clock, and said "I think it is time for Ms. J to go home." It was pretty funny. Somehow, he must have heard us say 2012 quite a few times maybe toward the end of the year, so that is a number he likes to use for things. For example, when he weighs himself, he says he weighs 2012!
He loves for you to ask questions about what he is doing or where he is going, except he doesn't know how to ask it properly. It doesn't matter how many times we have tried to correct him, he always says "Mommy, tell me where I am going" or "Tell me what I am eating" instead of saying "ask." So strange. If you ever have a proposition for him regarding what we are going to do for the day or trying to make a deal with him about something, he always responds to our question with "OK?????" just anticipating what it is we may be negotiating with him this time.
Ryan has become very chauvinistic as of late. I know kids have no filter and they just say things as they see them, but it is pretty funny. He thinks that only men go to work. I think because his nanny is a woman, my mom keeps him quite a bit during the day, and obviously I am home with him most of the week (even if I am working from home). We were driving to my parents the other day, and he asked, "Is Daddy as work? Is Poppy at work? Is Manuel at work (our good friend that we hang out with a lot)?" No women in this line of questioning. The other day, our nanny was giving B a bottle and Ryan wanted to know why I wasn't feeding him. We tried to explain that he needs to get used to a bottle from different people, like Ms. J, CoCo, GiGi, etc. Ryan chimes back, "what about Poppy?" and then followed up with "men don't do the bottle?" I about died.
He thinks is it pretty funny to try and shorten whatever word he can, including people. Diapers is Diaps. CoCo is Cokes. Gigi is Geech. Poppy is Pops. Apple juice is Apple. Tinkle is Tinks. The list could go on. I guess he feels he needs to be more efficient in his speech!
Another thing he is currently loving, is anytime he eats something, he likes to come up to us and get right in our face and then very seriously say, "smell me."I guess he is just really discovering his sense of smell these days.
Here is proof, that men actually can do the bottle :)
Can't believe he will be three in just a few days :)




No comments:
Post a Comment