Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Wrap-Up

I realized I didn't blog about anything we've done over the past few weeks, so I figured I will just do a brief summary. A few weeks ago we wanted to take Ryan to go and do something fun. The thought of a big family trip this year, although sounded appealing, in reality it just didn't make sense with trying to have a baby that didn't sleep through the night in the same room with us. So we found a great deal at La Torretta on Lake Conroe. This place is perfect for a little weekend getaway with kids. It has water slides, splash pads, putt putt, a ton of pools, and the rooms are suites. Ryan had such a great time and B did really well. I didn't get but a couple of pics. We spent both days at the pools riding the water slides, playing in the splash pads and floating on the lazy river. B was a trooper and would just nap in his car seat a lot of the time. No trip to the pool is complete without a strawberry smoothie.

Once we put B to bed in the living room, we were holed up in the bedroom and ordered Domino's pizza, watched TV, ate snacks, and Ryan slept next to us on his blow-up mattress. He was in Heaven. I hope we get a chance to go back before the summer is over.
Over the 4th of July weekend, we went and hung out at my parent's pool some. Both of my best friends were in town with their boys, so it was so much fun to get them all in the pool together. I don't think I got any pics of it, but we got some of Ryan and his bff Henry. They are so funny together.

On the way to my parent's we took a pic of Ryan in the car and he was telling us to not take anymore pics. You can see who runs our household.


A few weeks ago we decided to just try and do fun stuff with Ryan for a day. We went to the park and then went to have breakfast at Black Walnut - where he enjoyed some chocolate chip pancakes.

Afterwards, Wes stayed home with B so that I could take Ryan to a movie. We actually have never taken him to one. We wanted to over Christmas, but once B was born, it just never seemed to happen. I took him to Monster's University. He has seen Monster's Inc. a bunch, so I knew he would be interested. What he was not interested in was the popcorn and snacks! He absolutely did not want anything to do with them! He did so well during the entire movie and would whisper to me and thought it was so funny. I can't wait to take him back to see more.

Hopefully next month I can update more frequently. I feel like Ryan has been saying and doing so many funny things lately and I need to be writing them down so I can remember them!!!

No comments: