We'll start with Thanksgiving. This year was a little different than year's past since Wes' brother was getting married. We spent Thanksgiving day with just my family. My dad was working B to the bone trying to get him to walk. Surprisingly enough, it did sort of work and he took his first step. Hasn't done it too much since then, but at least he knows he can do it if he wants.
Ryan trying to help Bradley walk :)
B and Coco
Poppy and the boys
The next morning, we got up and headed to Austin for Jon and Megan's wedding. The weather was so nice and the whole weekend was so much fun. We ate lunch Friday afternoon at our favorite spot, Moonshine, and then headed to the rehearsal and dinner to follow which was so cute. We got a call from my parents that night that Ryan was running 105.1 degree fever, so after spending much time on the phone with on call nurses and pharmacies, we were able to get him settled down. He ended up running about 104 fever for the entire weekend complete with vomiting, chills, cough, etc. By the time we made it back Sunday, he was feeling quite a bit better and we though it just turned into a cold. Well, on Wednesday, Bradley started kind of getting a little cold (but no fever or vomiting), so we let it go for a few days. I finally took him to the doctor once he wasn't getting better and turns out he had RSV (which Dr. S said he got from Ryan). Luckily, she put him on a steroid and it cleared him up very quickly. He was really pathetic though for a while. Despite Ryan's illness, we still had a wonderful time at the wedding. Everything turned out just perfectly and it was nice to get away for a weekend.
The following weekend (before we knew B had RSV and thought it was a little cold), we had a Groupon to Santa's Wonderland and it was really our only opportunity to use it, so we went ahead and went (probably not the best parenting choice, but you live and learn I guess!). The Correas joined us and we first had to make a stop at our beloved Wings-N-More and then headed that way. Ryan was so excited he couldn't even eat dinner. Again, this year we learned a few tips to use next year because we got there and the line to get in was so long (should have stopped by to pick up tickets ahead of time) and not to mention freezing! Oh well, we persevered. Luckily, once we were inside we basically got straight on a hayride and off we went. Ryan was just in heaven. Jumping back and forth between me and Wes, looking at all of the lights, he was soaking it all in.
Poor B, so pathetic. Guess we should have known he wasn't feeling his normal self :(
We capped off the frigid evening with hot chocolate and funnel cake (or as Ryan called it "sugar cake") and watched fake snow come down in Santa's town. It really was so much fun to experience this with him. I look forward to many more years of this when B can enjoy it more as well :)
That weekend, Wes put the Christmas lights up for the 5th year in a row of getting on the roof! He hates every moment of it, but knows I love it and still does it for us. Plus, this year Ryan has been Mr. Christmas. I thought I loved Christmas, but this kid eats, sleeps and breathes it. He is just so excited for Santa to come this year, loves the music, commercials, Mr. Ducky the Elf in our house, moving the advent calendar everyday, it is all he thinks about! B took his first ride in the Cozy Coupe while dad hung the lights on the house!
Wes took Ryan one morning to our winter festival in the neighborhood. At this point, B had been diagnosed and I knew better than to take him out! I think they stayed all of 15 minutes to play in the snow, eat a few donuts, and ride the train. It was so stinkin cold out!!
Ryan's class at school wrote the story of Christmas where they kind of filled in the blanks with what they thought Christmas was. I thought this story was too cute and had to take a pic to remember it!
He had his little Christmas party at school this past week and this was the first time he was just so excited I was there with him. He talked about me coming all week and was really looking forward to it. They all colored some Christmas ornaments and then had cookies to celebrate. I think he thoroughly enjoyed the cookie!
I really need to just do a separate post on Ryan and what he has been up to these days. I got this pic the other day of him working on his handwriting and thought it was too cute. He always sticks out his tongue when he is in deep concentration. He has just become really obsessed lately with wanting to learn how to write the alphabet (I attribute it to his LeapPad! - guess the techy toys can be educational!)




















No comments:
Post a Comment