Pretty proud of himself, for sure!
He has also cut quite a few teeth this month. I think from January 2nd-8th, he cut both 1 year molars on his right side and another bottom tooth. Needless to say the days leading up to and during were pretty difficult for him (and us!). Luckily, it didn't affect his sleep, but he was pretty unhappy during the day for nearly two solid weeks. It didn't make for the most fun holiday break I've ever had! The dog bone has been his best friend at times :)It is so much fun watching them learn at this age because he is so proud of every little accomplishment and just grins from ear to ear once he figures something out. He is really good at waving and loves to wave at himself in the mirror saying "buh bye" He also loves to say "oh baby" all the time. Not sure why :) He'll also nod and kind of shake his entire body in response to yes and no questions, coincidence?!? He used to love giving me kisses and now, not so much. When I ask him to give mommy a kiss, he winces, closes his eyes, shakes his entire body back and forth and basically says "nuh uh." I think he thinks it is a game now. But what is even funnier, is if Ryan is around when I ask for a kiss, he will go over to Ryan and try and give him one. Lil stinker! He loves to play peek-a-boo and basically says "a boo" when we play. He also claps for himself whenever he impresses himself. And still, as always, technology is his go-to toys. Here he is multitasking with the remote and the Ipad at once. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
This pic below reminded me - when we were in the car the other day,my phone rang and I picked it up to start talking. Next thing I know, I can see B, from his mirror, in his car seat with his hand up to his ear basically saying hello. It's too funny because he is always making pretend phones with his hand up next to his ear.
As far as eating goes. We have not made much progress on the solid food front. He still gags all the time :( He loves, loves, loves his pouches. The other day, he yanked one out of my hand and decided to just start eating them himself and didn't want us to feed it to him. So that makes mealtime much easier, I guess, but it is breaking our bank! He has also gotten really good with the sippy cups. He loves to drink water and we really need to start putting milk in them, but haven't broke the bottle habit yet (or maybe I should say, we haven't even tried). It is such a part of his sleep routine because he gets one before naps and bed and the kid is a creature of habit. Maybe this month we will :)
It seems like he has picked up a little weight this month, or so I hope, since he is soo skinny! He still can wear some 12 months clothes, but I am just moving him up to 18 months. He's also in size 4 diapers now and size 5 shoes. He is still at 2 naps a day (around 10 and 2 - thank goodness!) for a total of about 3-3.5 hours and then sleep about 11.5 hours at night (7:30pm-7am). He's really into his baths these days and if you tell him to splash the water, he goes crazy slapping the water. Lately he loves to play around in just his diaper after dinner, before bath time.
A new development in his personality lately, has been that he is now been deemed the bully of the family. He loves to wrestle with Ryan, poke at his eyes, scream at him, jump on him. Ryan, of course, can't stand it, but is really good about not fighting back (however, he will cry - he is so sensitive!). We have a few little plastic bats that he likes to carry around while walking and smack them on things (including his head). This kid is tough and a dare devil and just loves danger, so unlike his brother at this age! He worries me every single day - I am always concerned for his safety.
They have really enjoyed playing together more recently, which I absolutely love! B loves getting on the trampoline with big bro. Static hair and all!
He has been enjoying getting out lately and enjoying the nice weather, when we have it. Here he is with best bud CJ enjoying some beverages with dad and John at City Centre.
He took his first trip to Wonderwild for a friend's birthday and loved it! I need to take them there more often since there is so much to do for all ages.
Somebody was having a blast in the baby ball pit.......
.....and someone else was having none of it.
He really does seem more like a little boy now than a baby. Funny how just walking can make them seem so much older!!




No comments:
Post a Comment