![]() |
| Before we left for the party |
Ryan has been so excited for weeks. He's been trying to count down the days, asking who all was coming to his party, getting so excited about very little detail - it's been so cute to see him so happy. Every time I was putting together decorations, the party favors, even shopping for paper goods, he was so into it. Always wanting to help and staring over my shoulder like my little shadow. The one thing he was super pumped about was the balloons. Not sure why, but the days leading up to the party, that's all he could think about. Twice in the last week, we have been places with HUGE balloons and you know who couldn't stand them?!? Bradley! So, I was nervous he may not respond well, but it all worked out just fine.
They even set everything up for you while you play!!
I was told Ryan was quite the guest of honor as his friends were arriving. Asking multiple people if they brought him a gift as they walked in! So modest.
Our littlest guest. sweet Jordan :)
Woody's sidekick, Buzz. He was a little shy throughout the party. Probably didn't help it was right when he has started napping, but he was a trooper. And very cuddly.
The slides were a huge hit!
As was the pillow trampoline
Time for pizza and cake!
Singing Happy Birthday
I'm thinking he liked the cake....
.....yep, I would say it was a hit!
Family shots
GiGi and B
the Mock family
now one with Buzz
Ryan was really cute as the party was winding down. He wanted to make sure everyone got their cookie party favor on the way out, stopping people as they were leaving and asking me if I gave them one. He had so much fun, I loved seeing him so happy and excited. But the fun didn't stop there. We came home and the grandparents came over to watch him open gifts. Bradley went down for a marathon nap and Ryan went to town. It's funny to listen to what little kids say as they open gifts. We heard things like "This is what I've always wanted" (even though he has never mentioned XXX before) or "why did I get another one of these?" (in reference to something similar he may already have). Everything is definitely very black and white in their minds. Of course, he wanted to open up every toy right then and there.
CoCo and Poppy
![]() |
| Enjoying his new books |
Luckily for him, his party was on Sunday, but his birthday was on the following Wednesday, so he was able to celebrate again! They do a few cute things at school for the kids on their birthdays. They get to go up to the front during chapel and have Happy Birthday sung to them, this year they decoupage a the first letter of their name to hang on the wall in their classroom, send home a book for the birthday book club, and they also put together a laminated sheet of what their friends like about them.
We told him he could pick where we went to dinner Wednesday night. At first he said "Eggscalantes"(Escalantes) which is interesting since we hadn't been there in a while, but since that wasn't super close, he then said "Recyclings" (Cyclone Anayas), but we had just eaten that. So, we steered him toward El Tiempo, which he was excited about. When we got home, we celebrated by singing Happy Birthday again and indulging in Crave cupcakes.
![]() |
| My boys |
I think it is safe to say, he had a pretty fun birthday. He is already talking about when he turns 5, what he is going to do for his party. Apparently, we are having a Buzz Lightyear Gymnastics party. We shall see buddy :)










No comments:
Post a Comment