Sunday, October 19, 2014

3 months - CJM

Already a quarter of the way toward 1 year! Woo hoo. We are surviving :) Really though, Charlie has been a very good baby so far (at least in comparison to our first two). He's generally happy and content and doesn't seem to cry too much unless he's hungry or tired. He's become much more alert this month and will just talk and coo forever. I love when he does this because he kind of smiles when he talks and raises his shoulder to his face when he's trying to say something.

His schedule and habits haven't changed all that much. He usually wakes for the morning around 7:30, does the whole eat, play, sleep thing throughout the day. Most all of his naps are right at the 40 minute mark. I am learning in the afternoon, if he doesn't take a long nap on his own, if I go and rock him between sleep cycles, he will usually go back to sleep for another 40 minutes or more. He's not really into the pacifier at this point, and honestly I can't remember if the others were as well, so we shall see. He still sleeps in his bassinet, we've only tried a few naps in the crib in the Merlin Magic Sleep suit. We need to start transitioning, but figure we will wait until I get back from out of town next weekend. He doesn't mind being swaddled, although he is getting much stronger and is definitely trying to escape, but it does calm him down once he gives in. In the evening, he will usually cluster feed a bit from 4 pm - 8:30 pm. He thoroughly enjoys his baths, so gets once almost every night before bed. Except for a few days this past week, he normally goes to bed around 8:30-8:45 pm and sleeps anywhere from 6-8 hours and then again for another 3-4 hours after that - so only getting up once a night for the most part. We had a few crazy nights where he got up 2, 3, even 4 times. I hope that is behind us because it was rough.

During the day, he really loves to just lay on his back on a blanket and will do that for an hour sometimes before even making a peep. He's really discovered his hands as well and constantly looks like he is praying!
He also doesn't seem to mind tummy time, which is good because he is starting to get a flat spot on the back of his head.
looks SO old!!
 

His head control is getting a lot stronger, and I think he is almost ready for the Bumbo. He also still enjoys his bouncer, but not for as long of periods as he used to sit in it. I have started wearing him places now that I am forced to get out of the house with all 3 by myself and he really seems to like it. Or I think he does since it almost always put him to sleep immediately.

Not sure how big he is, but he is definitely starting to get some rolls and some chubby cheeks. I just moved him into all of his 6 months clothes and he could probably move up to size 2 diapers (once I go through all of his size 1).
Business man 
His brothers are still pretty obsessed with him. The newness hasn't worn off quite yet!


He is starting to experiment with different facial expressions as well. it's too funny because he will rotate through different looks in a matter of seconds.

jealous of those long lashes



Here are a few other shots from his 3 month photo shoot, albeit, a few days late.




No comments: