Sunday, January 18, 2015

6 months - CJM

Hard to believe half a year has come and gone with us as a family of 5. Sometimes, it feels like it was just yesterday Charlie joined us, and other times, it feels like a lifetime ago. As I look at him now, he definitely doesn't look or seem like much of a baby anymore. He is quickly developing his own personality and doesn't just lay on the floor for hours at a time not requiring an ounce of attention. Those days are long gone. Although he is not the least bit mobile yet, he does not like to be alone and would much prefer to be held than to hang out by himself. He is really starting to enjoy the walker and has learned to move his feet while in it. I think he likes being able to explore some. The boys take turns fighting over who gets to push him around.
He also seems to enjoy the Jumperoo as well. Since he is not rolling from back to tummy nor able to sit-up, we have to find some things for him to do so that he is not on his back all day long. He doesn't have much desire to try and learn these things either, it seems! Although, he is so stinking strong and loves to stand, arch his back, and kick his feet nonstop. He is still crazily obsessed with his hands. They seem to amaze him more and more everyday!

 Hanging out with his buddy, Sienna, when we visited the Correas in Beaumont.
 A little shirtless bro time. He does OK in the Bumbo, but not for long periods of time.
I have tried a little bit over the past few weeks with the pacifier, but for some reason, I just don't think it's going to stick. He just sort of liked it, but would keep spitting it out over and over again, so I gave up. We may finally have a kid who isn't attached to a pacifier, but I am still pushing the lovey angle. He seems to like soft things and I think it's good for them to have some sort of comfort item, if for nothing other than getting good sleep, which we so desperately need. His schedule has not changed in the slightest, I would say. He goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 pm. Most nights he gets up at 4 am or so to eat and then again around 6:30 and then goes back to be until 7:30/8 am. Usually one or two nights a week he'll do something random, like wake up at midnight, but then not get up again until 6/6:30 am. He is pretty unpredictable and not showing signs of sleeping through the night anytime soon. He also still takes 4 naps a day which seems a bit high to me. Usually three of them around only 40 minutes, with one of them usually falling around 1.5-2 hours.
The kid LOVES bathtime. He pretty much always gets cranky and high maintenance around 6:30/7 pm, so when bathtime rolls around, his mood quickly changes and the tears come to a halt.
I love this potbelly
more hands
can't get enough of this smile
His bottom two middle teeth are right on the cusp and should hopefully come in any day now. His gums are so swollen, he drools constantly, and might just eat his fingers off if they don't pop out soon! We started trying a few foods over the past week or two as well. He has tried zucchini and sweet potatoes. He hasn't disliked either of them, but sometimes is just not in the mood for them. He seems to be downing probably about 35 oz. of formula a day, so this kid needs to learn to eat and fill his tummy up. I think most days he is still taking 7 bottles a day which is just insane.
My brothers are giving me a headache!!
He will jibber jabber all day long and loves to coo and stick out his tongue. He's also extremely ticklish and has the most adorable laugh.
this boy loves his dad and lights up when he sees him!
We haven't taken him for his 6 month check-up yet, but I will update with stats after this week. I am thinking he is going to be rather chunky! UPDATE - We ended up not going to his well visit until about 6 months 3 weeks, but all of the percentiles are adjusted for that age. His measurements were:

Height - 29 in. (96%)
Weight - 19 lbs. 7 oz. (69%)
Head - 17.75 in. (74%)

It's hard to believe he is only 70% in weight, as he just seems to have rolls for days.

Getting this little one to sit still for these pics is getting tough!

look how flexible I am, Mom!
a little top heavy - falls over every 2 seconds
check out those thighs!!

Wes' mini me
plotting how many times he is planning on getting up tonight
love his perfect little profile
showing off his tongue

Happy half birthday, Charlie!

No comments: