Friday, March 6, 2015

What's new with Ryan (and B, too!)

Poor Ryan.He doesn't get the monthly updates like he used to, so he's been neglected somewhat from the blog (unless of course, he gets lumped in with the rest of his brothers). So, I figured I should post a few pics and stories of the past few months.

Ryan practicing his selfie taking skills. He looks like he's twelve.
 Clearly in need of a haircut.....
 Mommy/son date after school one Wednesday when I didn't have the rest of the crew.
Jill and I took the boys to Marvel Universe Live! a few weeks ago. Ryan loved it. The show was really done well and all of the stunts and fight scenes were pretty neat. Ryan knew just about all twenty-something characters' names and it kept his attention the entire two hours.

The Hulk was just about everyone's favorite and of course, he didn't come out until the last 10 minutes of the show.

 Poor Braden didn't care too much for all of the loud noises, but they had fun together anyway!
Ryan's been to quite a few of his friends' birthday parties over the past few weeks and has had quite a good time celebrating. He is now counting down the days until his party.

His buddy, Elijah, had a super fun Construction party at his house and the new playhouse that they built. 
These two cuties have celebrated each other's birthdays the past 4 years together. The first pic is from Alex's 2nd birthday part in 2012....so cute!
And here they are today, at Chuck E Cheese, no less. Ryan's new favorite place. He was in Heaven!
Ryan finished off his basketball season this past week and he ended the last game with a great shot.
They ended the season 8-0 again, although the last game was by far the closest.

Coach Wes presenting Ryan with his certificate and trophy. Not less than 5 minutes of being home, Ryan dropped and broke the trophy. We're 0 for 2 in the trophy department. Luckily, Wes was able to superglue it back together.


Brothers swinging like big boys after school one day. They love playing on the playground there.
They truly do love being near one another, even though they fight like cats and dogs most of the time.

B has been pretty funny these past few months. He loves lounging on our new deck.
He's learning a lot of new words as of late. It seems to be maybe 3-5 a week which is a HUGE improvement from when he turned two. I think a few of his recent words include Nami (Yami, our nanny), Coppee (coffee - one day he just pointed to Wes' mug and said it), cup, hot, hurt, high, blue, lellow, bowl, cold, boo (boots), yee-haw, help, and home. Clearly, certain consonants are easier for him than others. He refuses to say things that start with R, S, or G. He's also added chicken tenders, FINALLY, to his repertoire of food choices. He really enjoys hanging on the bars at gymnastics and that's about all he wants to do while there.
He got his second haircut earlier this year, and to my surprise, no tears at all. He was such a big boy. Just ate his sucker like it was no big deal.

My big boy! He looks so old with his hair so short.
This kid is such a ham. I know I say it all the time, but he really is just full of personality. It's so hard to get mad or stay mad at him even though he is probably the most stubborn individual I have ever come across. I just can't help myself (as most people close to him can't either), when he does something ridiculous, I cave more often than not. Don't get me wrong, he still gets in plenty of trouble!
He recently had pajama day at school. Although he looks like a superhero here, he was really just reaching for his lovey that I was holding hostage trying to get him to smile for a picture.
 B's sweet teachers always have the best ideas for photo crafts at school. Seriously love this pic!
 And here he is being sneaky, getting into Ryan's winter gear.

Love both of these big boys so much!



No comments: