Tuesday, October 20, 2015

15 months - CJM

Our little guy turned 15 months this week and is just as cute as can be! We still aren't walking yet, but I feel like he's close. Over the past week, he has taken 1-2 steps at a time, but then usually falls flat on his face. He does get really excited and will keep attempting to stand up and do something, but it usually results with him flapping his arms and screaming in a really shrill voice. Hoping in the next few weeks, he'll have it mastered! UPDATE: since I started this blog post, he is now taking 5-6 steps at a time and he's so proud of himself. He wants to make sure we are watching him; it's cute!

He' still really into feeding himself which makes meal times pretty difficult. Usually he ends up just not eating too much because he gets bored of being fed.
He may not be the best eater in his highchair, (except for breakfast, he is a pretty good breakfast eater. He loves anything and everything that has to do with eggs) he will eat just about anything off of our plates. Turns out, it's not such a bad thing because he is trying a lot more foods than his brothers ever did at this age. There's something about us eating it that makes it that much more appealing to him.
Best buds
I had to go wake up this little angel one day and thought it was too cute not to capture. I did also notice that he appears to be sucking on the tags to his lovies. Guess that's what happens when they don't have a pacifier!
When he is healthy, he sure is happy. He's had two nasty fever viruses just 8 days apart this month and it has really taken a toll on him. He was running 103-104 for a few days a time, but seems to be back to his normal self now.

I think he still weighs about 22 lbs based on his last doctor appointment. I'll update stats later next week once he has his check-up. 18 month clothes are still a bit big on him. He loves to point and clap and mumble quietly to himself. His words haven't changed too much - DaDa, Mama, Ba ba (bottle), bubba (we think), bye, go-go and gold (goldfish). He still has 10 teeth (all 4 molars) and a few more on the bottom that appear to be making their way in.

Here are his stats from his appointment today:
Height - 33.5 in. (96%) Taller than both boys at this age by 1/2 inch I think!
Weight - 23 lbs. 6 oz. (31%) Smaller than both boys at this age
Head - 18.75 in. (62%)

Long and lean, string bean for sure!
Charlie's sleep schedule is about the same. In bed by 8:30 and usually up around 8 am. He's still taking two naps a day although I feel like he's slowly moving int he direction to combine them into one nap. His first nap is at least two hours and his second nap is usually 1-1.5 hours. He's always happy when we go in there to get him!

He's started having dreams or night terrors at night sometimes and it's so sad. He'll sit up in his crib just sobbing until one of us goes in and rocks him for a few minutes to calm him down. I am also happy to finally say, that he and I have bonded more over the past month! He will actually cuddle with me and get sad sometimes if I leave!

He wants to be big so badly. He just watches his brothers' every move and will try his best to do exactly as they do at all costs. It usually involves a lot of falling, tears, and whining.
It wouldn't be a monthly blog post without a picture of him pointing.
I took him over the weekend for his first haircut. He had been called a pretty little girl one too many times! Even when I went to check him in the haircut place, they asked me "what's her name?!" Like any little kid, he absolutely hated it and screamed the entire time. He was so sweaty by the end of it, even his armpits were sweating!



But he looks so handsome now!
He's in toy heaven right about now. I had Ryan and B on an organizing mission, but Charlie found it to be quite a fun activity and undid just about everything they did!
He's more of a daredevil now than he's ever been. He's figured out how to climb on just about anything which scares the you know what out of me. Ill find him on top of the couch or futon just about daily. He's also taken a liking to pushing the walker or the Thomas Ride-on today. Well, apparently he got bored of that because he then started climbing on top of it, and tried to stand up (I wasn't able to capture him trying to stand because I was too busy saving him!).


We think you are just the cutest, buddy!

No comments: