Our last month in Texas went by crazy fast. Wes left for Alabama on January 2nd, and we basically moved in with my parents, except for a handful of days we stayed in Katy. The boys were still in school the entire month, so we did a lot of commuting back and forth. The movers came and packed around the 11th or 12th, so we had to be out by then anyway.
One day when I came to pick up the boys from preschool, I found Charlie dressed in a Wonder Woman costume. He thought he was pretty cool and apparently wore it most of the day at school.
When we were at my parents, we had a pretty good nightly routine down. I would take care of Charlie, and my mom would put Ryan and B to bed. I saw this on the monitor one night, saying prayers before bed. It was pretty sweet.Bradley's best friend, Hannah, turned 4 in January so luckily we were able to celebrate with her at Westwood. The boys had a blast!
They all wanted a turn on the rope swing.
If he did this slide once, he must have done it 25 times. They love the "mountain"
Gotta love the blue icing
We spent a lot of quality time over at CoCo and Poppy's. This game was a hit. Super difficult, but somehow B was pretty good at not getting it to tip!
I snapped a few pics of the house getting packed up. These guys made quick work of our house. I was shocked that within two days, our house was completely packed up and loaded onto the moving truck.
Ryan's last few weeks of school, his artwork was chosen to be displayed in Katy Livestock show. The school picks one boy and girl from each grade, and then we got to go up and view all of the artwork from Katy ISD one evening. It was pretty cute because the art that was chosen from 1st grade was Ryan and his best friend, Ashley's. Ryan, Bradley and I went after school one night and found out he was awarded a blue ribbon which was pretty cool!
All of the art there was so incredible. Even starting in like 4th and 5th grade, I was blown away!
In mid-January, Wes came home for the weekend to see us and help wrap up some last minute things with our house in Katy. We had to schedule a last meal with the Correas! At one of our favorite spots, Liberty Kitchen. Trying to get 5 little ones to smile is near impossible, so this was the best we could do.
The following week, we did a few fun things with our neighbors and friends! First up, was an after school trip for fro-yo. We had the idea for Ryan and Ashley to exchange birthday gifts since both of their birthdays were in the coming weeks and we wouldn't be able to celebrate together.
They were so cute, reading each other's cards and watching each other open their gifts.
One of the sweet gifts was a framed pic of Ashley and Ryan, which is currently sitting on a shelf in Ryan's room.
Best buds!!
A few days later, my wonderful neighbor friends put together the sweetest going way party for me and the boys. They made a cute sign, had towels monogrammed for the boys, framed a cute group picture, and made a sweet photo memory book for us to take with us.We had pizza, cookie cakes and all sorts of snacks. See a pattern with the blue icing?!!?
Love these ladies, and miss them everyday!!
Seriously, these were the sweetest group of kids we could have ever imagined having live on the same street as us.The last week or so was filled with a lot of lunches with friends, a big Hicks family dinner at Guadalajara, and a fun-filled weekend that did not go as planned. Our last weekend in Houston was supposed to be so much fun..... It started off with me waking up Saturday morning and not quite feeling myself. I was taking the boys to Penny's for the next 24 hours, so we started off with a trip to the gym. I showered and got ready, and drove them to Sugar Land. I still wasn't feeling great, but was determined to see all of my friends. I first met Nancy and Kir for lunch in the Heights and then we headed off to a friend's baby shower. They had brought in a mobile spa for manis, pedis, and massages. After my pedi, I knew I couldn't make it through my massage. After waiting a few minutes before deciding what to do, I was completely sick. The stomach bug had taken over in full effect. Completely embarrassed, I eventually drove home and cancelled our going away dinner party with all of my lovely gym friends. I laid sick in my parent's bed for the next 24 hours, hoping and praying no one else came down with the bug. Luckily, no one did. Penny brought the boys back the next afternoon as we geared up for our last few days.
The last day of school for Charlie, I had to snap a few pics with his awesome teachers. I love these ladies so much! Here he is with the scrapbook they made him.
Since we didn't have anywhere to go after school because our house was empty, we opted for sno-cones and a car wash while we waited for Ryan to finish school. The boys thought it was so cool!
The anticipation was killing them.....
There was a lot of screaming and shrieking involved!
Of course, Ryan always needs a tooth pulled when daddy is away! He came in my room one night begging for me to pull it, so I did! It's starting to become no big deal for me now!
My last couple of classes at the gym. This was one of my favorite instructors and friends. Can't wait to be back this summer
Our make-up lunch for the cancelled going away party!
Some funny faces at dinner...
My very last morning in Katy...a lot of black and white to hide the tears.....Pretty much every morning, I think of them and miss working out together with them!!
This little lady will kick your booty....
We let Ryan play hookie the last day and a half of school that week and just chill. We went and saw MiMi one day to tell her bye since we weren't able to see her at Christmas. Charlie thought the remote control for the bed was a phone!
Ryan was so sweet with MiMi
All of us together, Charlie liked to keep his distance
And besides our family, this is probably one of the people we miss the most. Sweet Yami! We were lucky to be able to find some time with both of our schedules where she was able to come and take the boys for a day or two in the last week we were there.
She's seriously the best!
The last few weeks were petty hard for me as goodbyes are always difficult, but I am glad we were able to see everyone we wanted and take away some wonderful memories. The time seems to be flying by and we will be back to visit this summer before we know it!






No comments:
Post a Comment