Friday, December 22, 2017

November Recap

We had a fast and furious fall it seemed. Ryan kicked it off with a trip to the Battleship Park with his second grade class to place flags for Veteran's Day.
One weekend, we went with our friends, the Cochrans, to see a children's performance of Peter Pan. The boys absolutely loved it. They let the kids sit up front on the floor and the parents sit in chairs behind them. They didn't move the entire time; they were mesmerized.
For weeks to come, they were singing all of the songs, asking about the different characters, and wondering when they would get to see another performance!
Hard to see, but B and his preschool friends love to get in each others cars. I was talking to my friend, Amanda, and her little girl and B got in my car. They thought they were being pretty funny!
Guess he wanted to take Sydney on a date!
I was on the phone one evening, and once I got off I found them doing this. Apparently, they wanted to create their own boy rock band while wearing some Halloween costumes.
One way to entertain these kids on the weekend. Give them a gym mat and some trash bags. They made up their own sack races and obstacle courses.
I put up our Christmas decor really early this year. We left for Houston the Friday before Thanksgiving, so I knew if I didn't do it before we left, it wouldn't be until early December before they got done.
   
Maybe too early?!!? I say, it's never too early!
Wes attempting to put the finishing touch on the tree, but the star ended up being too heavy so I had to make a bow instead.
A few days before Thanksgiving break, Ryan had a thankful feast at school where the parents could come and have lunch with the kids. Charlie was able to tag along, and Ryan even went and got him his own chocolate milk. It was pretty cute!
Charlie hammered Ryan's green bean casserole!
    
The boys preschool always makes the cutest and most thoughtful arts and crafts projects. Here are a few things Bradley made this fall.
Here's his pic from their pow wow they had at school.
We headed to Houston on a Friday, just in time to make it to my cousin's rehearsal dinner at the Petroleum Club. The drive was pretty uneventful and went by so quickly. We left about 6:30 and arrive by 3 pm, and that was with stops to Chick-fila, a gas station, and a quick lunch at Lupe Tortillas once we hit Beaumont! Gotta get our Mexican food fix ASAP when coming to Texas! I think Charlie slept for about 45 minutes after lunch, and that's all anyone slept the entire time.

Yami came to watch the boys which is always so nice getting to see her. My cousin has a major love for Elvis, so her future in-laws surprised her with an amazing Elvis impersonator. It was so, so neat!


  So good to see my mom and SIL!
First dance
Champagne toast
My hot date for the wedding!
Love coming back to Houston and seeing these special friends. Miss them daily, but love getting to catch up and hear about all of the fun things happening in their lives!
My dad arranged for all of the Hicks side to meet up for dinner one night at the new Ciro's and let the kids run around on the green space. It was perfect for all of the second cousins to get to play with each other.

  
Gelato with Jackson and Will after dinner!
We had a full day of bestie time at the Houstonian with massages and lunch and a lot of chit chat to catch up on. We never seem to miss a beat, but I guess that's what you can expect after being friends for over 25 years!
We spent one day with each of our families over Thanksgiving, which I will post separately. We then went to celebrate Henry's first birthday on Saturday. The kids can never pass up some freshly popped popcorn.
Happy Birthday, Henry!
Trying our best to get a cousin pic!
   
After the birthday party, we headed to some more of our favorite friends house, the Turners. Can't believe the four of us have been friends for almost 15 years!!!
My two favorite 3 year olds!
Charlie trying to make a move on JoJo. She wasn't having it!

On our last day in Houston as a family, we feasted on some Pappasitos and then headed to the mall for the movies. We made a stop by the carousel so the boys could ride, as they always request this!


We headed into the theater to see CoCo. Super cute movie! Did not love the previews and Frozen Christmas short that last a combined total of like 45-50 minutes before the movie!


  
The following Monday, Ryan and I headed home. We flew home while Wes stayed for a week long training for work. B and C stayed with both sets of grandparents and had an awesome time. We took an Uber to the airport, and of course, Houston traffic made what should have been a 20 minute ride into well over an hour at 3 pm on a Monday! Ryan took the opportunity to squeeze in a catnap which was much needed after our crazy, busy week!
He and I enjoyed a few days just the two of us. We went to swim practices, basketball practice, and even went and saw Wonder complete with Chick-fil-a afterward. Such a cute movie! We capped off the week with a fun weekend in Gulf Shores, but I'll recap that in the December post!



No comments: