After my parents left town, we had a few friends over for New Years Eve. New Years celebrations are very different these days, although I think this was the first year all 3 of the kids stayed up to see the ball drop and even made it to midnight!
P and B are pretty cute!
My attempt at a toasting Boomerang!
All the kiddos before heading home - you'd have no idea it was about 12:15!
good times with fun friends!
My parents got Charlie this hoodie and boy does he love it. He only likes to wear it one way, though. You guessed it, hood and all! This one particular day, he must have been feeling quite feisty as this mood continued the entire day!
If you see this face on America's Most Wanted, I wouldn't be surprised!
The kid always has some crazy bed head, but on this day, he was channeling his inner Ace Ventura!Funny side note about Charlie. I don't want to forget this. Lately, when I put on my make-up he tells me I have my cinnamon face on. I have no clue where he came up with this, but he is very exact about when I do or don't have it on. For instance, if I just have on a little mascara and powder, that is not full cinnamon face. He needs to the whol she-bang. Apparently, it's a compliment from him as he asks for me to put it on regularly. I think it's hilarious.
Love getting pics from his teacher to pek in on what they are doing while at school.
About two days into the new year, I broke my hand. Then, while at Urgent Care getting it checked out, I picked up some sort of upper respiratory virus that turned into a sinus infection and ultimately bronchitis. I knew walking into a place like that healthy with about 25 other extremely sick people in the waiting room was probably not the best scenario, but what are ya gonna do?!?! I swear it was close to two weeks before I felt better. So between the wrist and the illness, there aren't too many pics this past month, much less outings with the boys!
We did make it to a swim meet in Pensacola. It was about 22 degrees outside the entire weekend, but the boys had fun and did great. I think between them, they swam 13 events (some of which were new to them), but only 1 race was not a best time. They did awesome. I attached a few videos of a few races that weren't too big size wise to post.
Here is B's best freestyle ever! He even beat another 7/8 year old!
Seriously, it just doesn't get old!
The kids were off for MLK day, went back to school for 1 whole day, then had two more off due to snow. So, by Thursday, we had to get out of the house. We met up with some friends at Chick-fil-a then headed over to Altitude Trampoline Park in Mobile.
I know I posted B's pics in his birthday post, but here is Charlie's preschool pic as well from the fall.
He was my buddy through being sick and my broken hand! We've spent a lot of time together this month between all of that and school closures!
After a lot of Bradley's friends and classmates came down with the flu, I decided to be proactive and jump on the Elderberry train! We went to Whole Foods, which was of course, sold of out of the berries, so I ordered a pound off of Amazon. I googled a recipe and began my witchcraft once they arrived!
We've all been taking it every day for the past week. I even took it a couple times in one day when my throat started to feel scratchy. We shall see if we can build up an immunity against all of this crud!!The kids had soup day at school last week where they all tried Chicken Noodle soup! They both liked it!
We were all glad for this month to end, however, February is a CRAZY busy month for Wes at work, so really we are all looking forward to March, I guess!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment