Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Back to School

We hit the ground running less than 18 hours after landing back in Alabama. First up, was the back to school teacher luncheon the following morning. I have joined two of my dear friends in heading up the hospitality committee for the kids' elementary school this year. It's been a fun way to get involved and give back to the school.
  That evening, we had meet the teacher for Bradley and Ryan. B ended up with one of our close friends from preschool, Syd, in his class! Here's to hoping they behave themselves this year. 
He was so excited to get in his classroom, check everything out, meet some of his classmates. Not sure if I have ever seen him so ready for school. It seems as though they will have a great class this year.
I was thrilled to find out who his teacher was. I don't think there could be a better fit for him. She's so sweet and caring, but keeps these kiddos in their place!

  Me and my soon to be Kindergartner. I can't believe the time has finally come for him to head off to big boy school! 

These two :)
Ryan was getting antsy, so we had to head over to his classroom once Bradley's started to wind down. There were two teachers he wanted for 3rd grade, and he got one of them. He was pretty pleased to see his name on Mrs. Prater's list! I immediately liked her upon meeting her.
I think they will get along great and so far, she has been nothing short of perfect for him.
  How can he already be in 3rd grade?!?!
The little ones had to join in on the fun as well.
Thinks he's going to run this joint one day!
Ran into his best bud, Noah!
  And here we have spotted a burglar in the house! Haha, he came across this stuff while I was gathering up items for a fall consignment sale.
We had one more day off before school started, so we did what desperately needed to be done, get haircuts!


It always ceases to amaze me how much older they look with just 6-8 weeks time between cuts. A simple 15 minute activity ages them like 4 years!!!
  We headed back to the Bay Minette Municipal pool for a back to school bash with our friends. We were rained out the previous trip, so we used our rainy day passes and came back.
Summer is officially over!
  That night, we packed our backpacks and laid out the clothes for the beginning of a new year!
My sweet Ryan wanting to be an engineer just like his dad!


Brothers!
  Thankful B will have him to help guide him and lookout after him this first year.

  No surprise here, B still wants to be a Candy Maker!
  He just looks so old!
He had been anxiously awaiting this day for a few weeks now. There were no nerves here!
  
Charlie wanted to be included in a pic; however, he did not want to smile in that pic.
This is his go to face when he refuses to smile.
Ooohhh, here's the boy I know and love....
I drove them to school the first day back, so I could walk them to their classroom.
  Little bro trying to keep up!

I got to walk B to his classroom, and he had ZERO reservations about the day. Made me proud and just a tiny bit sad that he's so grown up.
I looked around and so many littles were nervous or scared, some even crying which broke my heart. So in that respect, I was thankful I wasn't leaving B in that state of mind.
  They did ride the bus home, and B was so excited. This is one of the main things he had been looking forward to doing.
He didn't stop talking for like 5 minutes straight!
Just another normal day for this one.
  Twinning again! Had to capture this as I think this was the last time they have matched since starting school.
Heading off to their first morning bus ride.
Giving a little wave back!
I had Charlie with me for about a week before he started back to school. He got to accompany me to my dentist appt. (acting like he ran the place!).
Not to embarrass him, but I just had to capture it. Apparently, he really had to use the bathroom before leaving the school, but when he told the teacher, the bus had just pulled up. Given that it was just the 2nd day of school and with all the confusion, they made him get on the bus. Poor thing cried the entire bus ride home.
Ryan was so sweet and pulled out a book to help him take his mind off of it by showing him pictures on the ride home. I stepped outside when I saw the bus and I could hear the crying from down the street. Made me so sad to see him in so much pain. We later found out, he drank like half of his water while sitting in the cafeteria waiting on the bus. Lesson learned!
Got Bradley his Class of 2031 shirt to capture his growth over the years!
  Typical B!

He's got this thing down by now.
  
  
  

   Ryan through the years. Kinder, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!
Wes had to go to Houston for a few days for work, so we tried to think of something fun to do while he was gone. We had popcorn and movie night while he was away.
When he made it back by the end of the week, we had to get a pic of him with the kids when they got off the bus that first Friday.
  
It was a successful first 3 days of school. Everyday, we have the boys tell us their highs and lows and what they learned. B had just gotten through telling us how they learned how to handle scissors and that some kids had theirs taken away because they weren't using them properly. Fast forward a few minutes later, I had gone into my bathroom and looked down by my sink and saw a pile of hair. I was so confused. I then saw some in my sink and then picked up a bath towel and some fell out of it. After examining the hair, I immediately knew who's it was.
Culprit! After a whole lot of back and forth, he finally admitted to testing out his scissor skills on his hair. It left quite the hole!

Here was the hair that fell out of the bath towel in the tub. Honestly, I am surprised this was our first incident in all these years of a scissors mishap!
Charlie had his turn at Meet the Teacher the following week. We learned while we were in Texas, he would have Mrs. Elizabeth and he was pretty excited. He got to know her a little bit over the previous year, so he was familiar with her. I think she will be a great fit for him, especially as he is the youngest in their class!

And if he wasn't already growing up fast enough, he had to go and lose another tooth not even one week into the school year.
Little man's turn for his first day back to school!


I think his haircut makes him look like he about 6!

Such a happy little boy
The kid just wants to be a regular daddy when he grows up, what can I say?!!? Haha
Little ham



Doesn't get much cuter than this!


Sorry for the overload, I just couldn't narrow these down. I loved all the different faces too much!
Heading in like it's no big deal!
Giving Mrs. Jennifer a hug on the way in.
Learning his new routine. He has to do kisses and hugs everyday before I walk away and he always tells me "Be short, Mom!" He wants me to return quickly and beat all the other moms back.
Running on the hill after his first day with his good buddy, Hampton.
Bradley asked for extra homework. They bring home their Go Math book and he wanted to do some additional lessons. Love his desire for learning.
Working hard!
Sportin his new polo and his special Aftcos :) These were almost beyond repair and my good friend stitched them up by monogramming his initials over the rips and tears!
The first full week of school, my sweet B was selected as Student of the Week for Kindergarten. I was so incredibly proud. His teacher said the sweetest things about him with just how helpful he is and so eager to learn. They get to go on the announcements and even hold the flag for the pledge!
The school year started off just great and all the boys are so happy with their teachers. here's hoping to a wonderful year!

No comments: