....or at least that's who Ryan is to our Ultrasound Technician. Today, we had our 30 week check up and everything seems to be right on track. His heart rate was 152 and he seems to be growing nicely, especially in his cheeks! We did the 3d ultrasound and all our technician could keep commenting on was his chubby cheeks! We had a hard time, at first, getting some clear pictures of him because he is so active and loves pushing his head right up against my pelvic bone, which makes for some blurry pics. He moved away partially, so we were able to get some pretty good shots. From what we can tell, it looks like he probably has Wes' lips and chin and he definitely has some hair! His nose kept getting smushed too, so that was hard to tell what it looked like. He was making all sorts of facial expressions, stuck his tongue out a few times, and waved at the camera every now and then. It was very special for us to be able to see him and makes us more anxious to meet him! Here are a few pics from today.
He seemed pretty content in there, but has definitely been more active lately. He rolls around a lot and it's funny to watch my stomach just move in waves. Here is a pic of me at 30 weeks, I can definitely feel that his body is getting bigger (as am I).
In other news, we have completed our childbirth class, which was surprisingly informative for us both. We signed up for a few other classes that we will take in February. We also had our first baby shower this past weekend with Wes' family and it was so much fun. Ryan received some wonderful gifts and we feel very blessed to have so many people who love him and he's not even here yet. We are almost done with the nursery, I'll post some pics when it is complete, but my mom and I did spend about 3 hours last weekend hanging this vinyl decal that I ordered from Etsy. It wasn't the easiest task, but I think it turned out pretty cute.
With less than 10 weeks to go, we are trying to make the most of our time as a family of two by getting out of the house as much as possible and enjoying spending time with each other and our friends. I can't believe how fast time has flown by!
No comments:
Post a Comment