Over the past week or two, we have been trying to get prepared for the little one's arrival. Wes has become a pro at putting baby products together. From swings to cribs to strollers, and everything in between, our house is beginning to look like Babies R Us. Who knew there was so much gear that such a tiny person could use?!? We just took an infant CPR class this week as well. Scary to imagine, but definitely informative. We have two classes left in the next week or so, hopefully we'll be able to make them! The nursery is just about finished as well (minus his cute little letters for above the crib!)
Between my mom and Wes' mom, they have both been so sweet to make things for the nursery to add little personal touches; from a pillow for his rocker to cute little painted signs and treasure chests, hopefully Ryan will appreciate them all!!! At my 32 week check-up, everything was looking great and the little guy was growing at exponential rates. He measured 5 and a half pounds last Monday (almost 1.5-2 lbs ahead of schedule, what a chunk!!!) He was measuring 3 and a half weeks ahead of schedule, which may explain what has happened over the past few days. He has decided to drop and begin to get ready to enter this world as of Tuesday of this week. We went to Labor and Delivery Tuesday afternoon because I was having contractions and some pain indicative of labor. After a few hours, everything looked good and we were able to go home. Basically, his head is about as low as it can possibly be without actually coming out. However, I am now on bedrest so that we can keep him in there a little longer and have also had the steroid shots to speed up lung development, just in case. We are hoping to keep him cooking until 36 weeks (about 2.5 weeks from now). So not too much longer to go, it will just depend on how his weight continues to progress, which we will know more next Wednesday. Having said all of this, he'll probably get comfortable and stay in until full term and be 11 pounds :) Despite all of this, he has been SUPER active lately, basically staying awake all day and kicking and punching me at any given minute. We really think he may come out with biceps! He also gets the hiccups a few times a day, which seems cute but can be distracting when I was trying to work!
I haven't been as good at taking pics lately, here is one from this Monday at 33 weeks. Sorry for such a long post, I promise once he is born, I will update more frequently.
We'll keep ya posted on his progress sometime next week!










5 comments:
WOW... the nursery looks awesome. P.S. - Baby Ryan gets a flat screen in his room?? At least he can watch his Baby Einstein development videos in HD!
Jenn! The nursery looks absolutely adorable! I love the pirate theme and think it is just too cute for little boys! I pray that Ryan gets to stay in the oven for a few more weeks and hope you get some good rest before his arrival. I am so happy for you and Wes!
Jenn, you are such a cute little preggo! Ryan is so luck to have you as his mamma, and his nursery looks awesome!!
We will be praying for the three of you over the next couple of weeks.
Congratulations!!
Love your nursery! Oh and the cake from your shower was fabulous (prob the best I've had in a long time - where is it from again?) If you need someone to do your baby letters to match your bedding just let me know.
http://www.my-stationary.com/catalog.php?item=147&catid=12&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D12
April
Hi Jenn!
I know it's been forever...but I saw you had a blog from FB and came to take a look. Congrats on the Baby! The room is Amazing...Love the Pirate Theme, the paddle above the window was a great idea!... it all looks like it has come together great... How exciting...
I added you to my blog..I hope that is okay...
keepingupwiththeklams.blogspot.com
take care
Amanda"Limas"Klam
Post a Comment