So it's already been a week of bedrest, and it didn't start off too bad since I was able to do some things around the house and leave for a meal here and there. Then came Saturday where we ended up back in Labor & Delivery mainly due to the shortness of breath I was having on the medication I was on to stop the contractions. Come to find out, I was once again progressing and they immediately removed my cerclage so that he wouldn't push through it, and they put me on a magnesium pump for 24 hours to slow down the contractions. It was probably my least fun experience I have had thus far in the pregnancy, but after about 30 hours, I was able to come home with strict bedrest orders.
The past few days I have really limited how much time I have spent off of the couch, taken a lot of naps, watched just about all the Olympics has to offer (funny considering I had never taken the slightest bit of interest in the Winter Olympics before), and eaten a ton between naps! I had my 34 week check-up and come to find out the little guy is now a whopping 7 POUNDS!!!! He is measuring 38 weeks 4 days at only 34 weeks 3 days! An entire month ahead of schedule. No wonder he's been pushing his way out, its because he's almost the size of a normal, full-term baby! He's really starting to run out of room in there considering I haven't gained any weight in a month now. All of us are hoping he can make it until next weekend just to ensure that his lungs are fully developed, but size wise he should be just fine! Here is a pic from today at about 34.5 weeks. Hopefully there will be at least one more update before he decides to make his grand entrance!!
A Week in Our Life: Friday
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment