On Thanksgiving day we started out at my parents for an early Thanksgiving lunch with some of our extended family. This was our best family pic we could get (oops, the top of Wes' head got cut off!).
Here Ryan is with Poppy and CoCo
and even Great Grandma - MaMaw
and finally with soon-to-be Aunt Alissa. Isn't she a natural?!?
We stuffed our faces with just about everything you could imagine, but left enough room for another Thanksgiving meal. We then headed over to Wes' aunt and uncle who live in Jersey Village for the Sasser Thanksgiving where we had some delicious fried turkey, and once again as many sides and desserts possible. Here's Ryan with his Aunt Allie, having lots of fun. Ryan was such a trooper the entire day. I think from when he woke up at 7:30 until about 5 pm, he only had one 40 minute nap. He hates to sleep when there is a bunch of excitement and people around. There is just so much for him to look at and take in, he is a very curious, and might I add, nosy boy! GiGi was sweet enough to take Ryan home with her for the evening, so Wes and I went and met my family up at Champp's to watch A&M BTHO tu! It was a lot of fun watching them win :) My mom and I got up the next morning to hit the mall. We didn't get going until after 9, and probably didn't get any great deals; but it's a tradition and fun to be in the midst of all the craziness!
Saturday Wes was brave enough to hang the Christmas lights up on the roof for the third year in a row. So of course, I had to take the annual pics of him risking his life for me :)
ahhh, be careful!
Finally, on Sunday, we wrapped up the break by attending my very first Texans game. I can't believe I had never been to one before. Our friend, Lance, works for the Texans (runs all the media and audio during the game) and was nice enough to give us his tickets. They were awesome seats on the Club Level and we even texted him during the game a song request and he complied! It was pretty cool, thanks Lance :) Wes' friend, Tank does a tailgate before each game, so we stopped by there for a bit.
Wes and Tank!
The game was so much fun, especially since the Texans shut-out the Titans, and we got to witness a fight and Andre Johnson getting ejected :) Fights in football games are always amusing!
It was such a fun week, I am sad to see it end and have to go back to work. At least this will be a short week before we head to College Station to see some our best friends, Jill and Turner, tie the knot!





No comments:
Post a Comment