He is such a monkey! He loves to pick up everything with his feet. If he can't get to a toy he will find a way to grab it with his feet and pull it up to his mouth.
And here he is this morning taking his 8 month pics. I know they are horrible, but at least it's something! Taking the paper straight to the mouth before I could even get one pic in.
I think this was the best one where you could actually see the sign, even though he looks super lazy (which he is a lot of the time!).
"Hey Mom, what's up with all the pics?!?"
....and back to eating the paper...
This month has been especially fun with Ryan. He has become extremely vocal, especially when in the car. He literally yells at the tops of his lungs and lets these high shrill yells out. He says a lot of Ga Ga and Ge to just about everything. He has also become verrrry attached. I'm ashamed to say, but I am guilty of actually liking it, as I am sure most moms are. When someone else is holding him, if I walk by he will turn and put his arms out toward me and try to lunge forward until I will take him. I know I have to cherish these moments because one day he will want nothing to do with me!! On the flip side, whenever we walk out of the room or are out of his sight, he CRIES and CRIES. So, it is hard to get much done when he is awake and playing.
He is still a great eater. We are about to up his food intake I think because he will just eat until we cut him off. The one he is still a little unsure of is green beans, but like most food I am sure he will grow to like it. In other news, we can officially say that he can finally sit now. He still gets lazy after awhile and will lay down to play, but at least we can walk away from him and let him play knowing he won't fall over in 2 seconds. I think he may actually like it now as well.
He absolutely loves to play on the bed, when we are in the room getting ready.
Our little toad :)
He really is such a sweet boy. He loves to be held and when he gets tired, he will lay his head down on our chest or shoulder. When we carry him places, he will wrap his arm behind are back and just hold on really tight (which just melts my heart). He loves to smile and has such an infectious laugh. He is such a ball of energy. When laying on his back playing, he will just kick and kick and kick until he is out of breath and panting like a dog. It is just too funny, you would have thought he just ran a marathon. He loves to play on his alphabet mat and has now figured out how to pull it apart, and of course, likes to chew on the pieces.
He is waking up a little earlier than he used to - anywhere from 7 to 7:30, but is getting better about taking 2 good naps a day and will usually put himself to sleep, which is very nice! Now that our crib is lowered, he has figured out how to slide his legs between the slats and will get them stuck, which makes me so nervous. He will also pull the bumper down really far and just lay on his tummy looking out of the crib, waiting for someone to come and get him, it makes me so sad!!! He is so curious and whips that head around so fast to look at just about anything. He is just so much fun, I can't believe how fast he is growing up. We love you, Ryan!!




No comments:
Post a Comment