Friday, May 20, 2011

What a day!

Yesterday was a big day for Ryan! It started out like any other morning, I went to work, my mom came over to watch him, nothing too crazy. I finished with my first client earlier than normal, so I came home around lunch time to eat and play with Ryan a little before I went upstairs to work.  He was in rare form yesterday. It was a day of a lot of firsts. He was clapping on command, trying to figure out how to snap his fingers, getting on and off of his ride-on toy (the correct way) for the first time, and the funniest of them all was locating his tummy. Every time we would say, "Show us your tummy" he would lift up his shirt as high as he could and start giggling. He did this all day long. He has also been verrrry interested in looking down women's shirts recently. Not sure where this came from and why all of a sudden such interest, but he pulls back the shirt as far as he can and takes a nice, long look!

As I was finishing up playing with him and about to head upstairs, Ryan was playing with his Cozy Coupe and turned away and took about 2.5 steps! He was in shock. He did it right away again and then he had enough. After his nap, he did it quite a few more times and then again for Dad when he came home from work. He even got up to about 5 steps; he then he decided he didn't need one of us to prompt him and would take a few steps away from the couch on his own. Even though I know all kids accomplish walking at some point, it was such a proud moment for me. He's really growing up! I think he was so worn out from the activities of the day, he slept until 9:15 this morning! Once I get a good video, I will try and post it, but it looks like I am going to have my hands full from now on!

No comments: