Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pre-K Graduation - WRM

Ryan has officially graduated from Pre-K at Grace UMC as of this week. I can't believe 4 years of day school have come and gone, just like that. Here he was on his first day of school at St. Luke's in August 2011.

 and here he is today, May 2015 all dressed up in his cap and gown!
It's been a fun week or so at his school. We started with Muffins with Mom where the kids had prepared a special gift and breakfast for us. The biggest surprise might have been some his answers to the questions they asked him about me! I love that I am 78 lbs but could do without the extra 39 years!

We got to observe them saying their mornings prayers, the pledge of allegiance, sing songs and complete their morning routines. It was really cute how serious they take all of it.
 Love him so much!
This past Thursday was the actual graduation at the school. They have been practicing their songs and what to do for weeks now and you could really tell. The whole program went so smoothly and all of the kids did great!
The program started off with a slideshow of pictures from the year put to music and was just so sweet. Watching all that they accomplished over the year and how much fun they have had was really neat. It was also a little strange to me because he is at school about 16 hours a week and there is a part of him I don't see or experience; kind of bittersweet, but so glad to see how much fun he has and just how much he has grown! All of the kids then proceeded down the aisles to take their place on the steps. They sang a collection of songs complete with hand motions.

 "Skidamarink -ee-dink-ee-dink, Skidamarink ee-do, I love......
 YOU!!!"
After a few songs, they took their place in the pews while each class came up to sing a song. Then, each individual child's name was called up to receive their certificate and Bible and shake their teachers hands. Ryan's class sang "I'm in the Lord's Army" which reminded me of my childhood when we would sing that song!


"I may never march in the infantry, ride in the cavalry....
...shoot the artillery. I may never zoom o'er the enemy, 
but I'm in the Lord's army!"
 Ryan receiving his diploma and Bible from Mrs. Angela and Mrs. Darcy.



Such wonderful teachers
After the ceremony we snapped a few pics before sending them on their way to their pizza party for finishing the Bible over the course of the school year.



CoCo and Ryan
 

This is his teacher he has the slight crush on!!
Ryan is sure going to miss these two boys next year. He thinks the world of them. Jacob (on the left) was sick a week or so ago for a few days and he was genuinely sad and said how much he missed him that week. Jamie (in the middle) is the youngest of 3 kids and is probably a little cooler and more mature than most. Ryan thinks anything he says must be true and he really looks up to him.
These three boys are inseparable

The dudes of the class (minus Cam)
It's been such a fun year, and I have been so thankful we found a new school just as wonderful as Ryan's previous school. I'll really miss him going there next year, but glad we'll still see some of the families with Bradley still attending Grace.

No comments: