"Can I come down yet?!?!!?"
Waking up sleepyhead. He was all smiles this morning!
2 of the 3 ready to go
My stairstep children
Waiting anxiously!
And, they're off!!!
Love this picture probably more than any other picture from Christmas. Although I know he had no clue what was really going on, I think he fed off of his brother's excitement and just ran in ready to go!
They were pretty excited to see what all Santa had brought them and they were just so happy for each and every gift, it was sweet. Everything was, "I can't believe Santa brought me XXXX"
"Wow! What is this?!" Haha. You can't see it too well from this picture, but it's a fort set that the kids can construct different forts out of and put sheets over it.A dish set for Charlie. I have never seen a kid who loves to play with dishes and utensils more than Charlie does.
And this might be the highlight of Christmas. "Santa brought me my very own vacuum." Then, "how did Santa know me want a vacuum?!? He was baffled by the idea. What is funny is that he never actually asked for one. He just loves to use my vacuum and asks to use it at least once a day. We told him that Mr. Ducky must have told Santa how much he liked vacuuming, and he thought that was just crazy. I think there were probably at least 5-6 other times throughout the day that he would randomly just start talking about how crazy it was that he got a vacuum.
You can't see it from this picture, but Ryan just knocked over the punching bag. He mentioned wanting one once in passing, so was also pretty surprised to see it. It's actually already come in handy quite a few times when Ryan has needed to work out some energy (because he never seems to run out of energy!).
Charlie giving it the ol' one-two punch.
Inspecting each utensil.
A blurry, but sweet pic of all of my boys on Christmas morning.
We spent the rest of the morning just watching the boys play with their toys and having a nice breakfast with Gigi, Allie, and Christina. Ryan went straight to work on his Lego table and we haven't seen him since!
After a little exercise and cleaning up a bit, we packed up our stuff and headed to my parents for the rest of the day. We decided this year to stay the night there so that after the boys went to bed we could all just hang out. The boys were really excited for this! After appetizers, it was time to open presents (as if the kids hadn't already received enough!) MaMaw, at 96 years old, is always the life of the party! And yes, that is her wine on the table next to her.
Legos for B.....
...and of course, more Legos for Ryan!
The crank checking things out. He was kind of out of sorts over Christmas. He threw up Christmas Eve morning and just wasn't himself the rest of the time.He literally just ran around crying pretty much all evening. I don't think he opened one gift all of Christmas.
He gave one look at Elmo and was over it. This thing scared the you know what out of him!
Another stamp set! His grandparents know him well. He was just as excited the second time around!
Me and my boy
I don't have any pics because I was videoing, but my parents got B an iPad. He was too funny. He kept saying "me got my own phone!" It is a mini iPad, so quite a bit smaller than the one we have at home, and in his defense, on the box it does look more like a phone. I don't think he quite grasped the full idea of it then, but boy has he now. He is loving having it all to himself.At this point, Charlie had to go upstairs for a little alone time while we finished opening gifts, so we didn't get a pic of them all together, nor did we get a family picture either day :(
My parents got this chair for Charlie to take to soccer games, baseball games, etc., and Bradley decided he wanted to take a seat in it. When I told him that he would have to get up because Charlie wanted to sit down, he wasn't having it. Of course, a fit ensued.
He tested it out over and over again. See a theme from the grandparents?!?!
After dinner, we put Charlie to bed so the boys could get in the pool. Unfortunately, there was some trouble with the heater, but since it was 85 degrees Christmas week, the pool was actually {somewhat} tolerable. They only lasted about 15-20 minutes, but I was impressed. I was having none of it. The firepits helped keep them a bit warmer!
We finished off the evening with desserts, cocktails, and Mexican Train. The next morning, we ate some breakfast and headed home for the laziest day in history. Ryan stayed at my parents for a few days, and I came down with a cold/sinus infection. When Charlie went down for his nap, we then planted ourselves on the couch and watched the FX series, Fargo all.day.long! Even B fell asleep on Wes for almost 2 hours. He clearly had too much Christmas as well!
I think it's safe to say a fun and joyful Christmas was had by all!




No comments:
Post a Comment