Before we headed out to Sugarland for Christmas dinner at GiGi's, I snapped a few pics of the boys together. I am glad I did because we didn't get many more over the two days of Christmas celebrations. Ryan was in a very cooperative mood because we told them they could open a present from under the tree afterwards.
Poor Charlie needs a haircut so badly, but hey, we got 4 out of 5 done before the holidays. So I call that a success in my book!
Ryan is READY!
B was pretty pumped about his MagnaDoodle and still is actually!
Ryan was pretty excited for his Lego set and had no idea there was more to come!
Charlie opening his book
Then, we headed to the garage so we could give Ryan his Lego table that Wes had been slaving away over the past few weeks. I think he spent about 10 hours on this masterpiece. I was pretty impressed with how it turned out.Ryan, checking it out. I think he thanked us each 3 or 4 times over the next 24 hours. He is absolutely loving having it in his room where he can go build all of his sets without his brothers bothering him.
We then headed to GiGi's. When it was time to open gifts, B was such a good helper playing Santa with Allie.
Charlie showing off his cookie. I think he was much more interested in sitting in dad's lap and eating sweets over opening his presents.
"Anymore presents?!?"
Just a boy and his puppy. Love this little guy so much!
I don't think this is when B opened his stamp set, but when he did, he was so pumped. He kept going around saying "can't believe me got my own stamp set."Ryan was pretty pumped for his own official art set (a nice step up from Crayola!) These kids burn through art supplies like they are going out of style. However, I do think we are all set on supplies for a good while. If you could see our art closet, you would think I have my own art school.
This was a pretty big hit. Aunt Megan and Uncle John got the boys some superhero bath towels. These two fight over the same stupid blue towel every night. I am sure Ryan just made a big deal about it once and it stuck. Ever since then, they both want the same towel (for the record, there is absolutely nothing special about this towel at all!), and we have even had to start a rotating system on who gets the towel which night. I am hoping this will solve all towel related problems (or at least until Charlie starts having his own opinion on the matter!).
Charlie just wasn't having the group photo....
...but it sure does make for a humorous picture!!
B and GiGi
So GiGi was kind enough to get Charlie his own deck chair (like the other two received last Christmas), stained it, and was able to get the same pillow that the boys have as well. This was a pretty big hit with him. I took so many picture because it was just too funny watching him get in and out, put his cup on one side, move it, repeat.
And he looked like such a bum lounging in the chair!
Livin the good life
...and now I think I will take a drink!
After dessert, we headed home so they boys could get in their Christmas jammies. They opted to read the Polar Express (as we had read T'was the Night Before Christmas that afternoon). Then, it was time to put out the milk and cookies for Santa. Ryan was so cute. He wanted to hand-write the note and pose for the pictures. He truly did just LOVE Christmas this year. That reminds me. I forgot to mention his daily routine (or at least I think I did; forgive me if I already blogged about this). Every morning, Ryan comes down stairs to see where Mr. Ducky has moved, he then pulls out the step ladder to change the Christmas Countdown chalkboard, then turns on both Christmas tree's lights, and finally moves the candy cane on the other Christmas calendar. He likes the routine and it seems to give him a sense of peace! He had anxiously been waiting to start the process from November 20th and was pretty bummed out when there was no more counting down to be had.
Here is a close up of his note to Santa.
They were pretty excited before bed. B kept asking if he was going to be able to hear the roof bumps when Santa came. Where he came up with that term is beyond me, but oh so cute! They actually all went to bed with no problem and no one woke up all night either! Then, it was time for the elves to go to work (with a cocktail in hand!). Stayed tuned for Christmas morning....




No comments:
Post a Comment