Well, here I am again, a week late! This little guy has been keeping us on our toes lately. He's a handful, but it keeps our life interesting to say the least. He's so incredibly obstinate, it increases by the day. Maybe it's because he's the third, but I don't have it in me to fight him all the time which I knows just makes matters worse. For instance, he's obsessed with chocolate and candy. Just the mere whispering of one of those words, his ears perk up and his one track mind can think of nothing else. He goes to the area of the kitchen that has all of the goodies and will just stand and scream at it until he gets what he wants. I'm not proud of myself for this, but I usually give in. And thus the vicious cycle has begun. This type of behavior extends to just about anything he wants and sets his mind on. Going outside is a close second to candy. Poor kid is so cooped up, if the door just is slightly cracked, he's trying to escape. He loves the park, is obsessed with his Crocs (wears them 95% of the time he is awake), and loves getting out of the house. He keeps life interesting and makes me feel crazy most days, but he's so cute and funny, I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have any pictures or videos, but I love, love, LOVE his run. He kind of waddles from side to side, and his right arm is always bent at a 90 degree angle flopping around while he swings it as fast as he can.
He randomly jumps all over Ryan to hug and kiss on him. I've always loved watching the two of them bond. It's special for sure.
One big dog pile of boys!
Wes is our go-to manicurist of the house. He will clip all 60 extremities between the boys probably twice a month. B and Ryan are still terrified even with the years of practice. Charlie on the other hand, just probably views it as more time with Dad and getting to sit in his lap, so he always goes very willingly. Pretty sure he's never shed one tear over it.
His love for cars grows by the minute. He comes up with all sorts of scenarios and how he likes to line them up, move them around, etc. It's like he has some massive plan in his head and what he wants to execute and just tries to perfect it everyday. I do love how it is something he doesn't mind doing by himself. Sometimes, there can be just so much fighting and yelling between the boys over their toys, it's nice that he can do this alone and let the older boys play things they want to by themselves.Here's one of the toys that the boys do love building together. Although probably not the safest once they break them down and run around with the super long sticks, it's pretty cool to see what they will build.
Charlie had his first real dentist appointment this month. He has actually been two other times (once at a few weeks old to have his upper frenulum lasered and again last summer when he fell off the step in our living room and his mouth was bleeding like crazy). He did well in the beginning with brushing his own teeth, getting weighed, and looking around at everything. Once he had to lie down on the chair, he lost it. Naturally, I couldn't get a picture since I was having to pin him down, but all in all it went okay.
His messy eating habits continue. Not much has changed in terms of what he eats. Some days he eats more than the older boys and other days he will just pick at his food.
Combining two of his favorite pastimes, hiding in corners and playing with his cars.
Now that we've been to the dentist, we finally got on board with brushing his teeth consistently. Wes did it one time during baths, and now, that's the only way he like it. As soon as they start baths, I can hear the screaming "brush yo heeth" over and over until he finally does it.Lollipops are the best way (and the only way) to survive a 30 minute swim practice. You'd think I was asking them to sit still through an opera or something.
The other day, C woke up early from a nap (don't think he was feeling all that great) and I caught this on the couch. So sweet!
A trip to the gym always involves some sort of promise. Either Chick-fil-a if it's a Friday and we have nothing to do afterward or grabbing a quick muffin. Bribery can do wonders!
Buzz playing a little doctor with Charlie. Somehow, someway, Charlie let him poke and prod around on him.
Our little man is turning more and more into a little boy as each day passes. Wes and I were just saying this week how all of a sudden he just doesn't seem much like a baby anymore. It's sad, but we love watching you grow and learn, sweet Charlie bear!




No comments:
Post a Comment