Friday, June 24, 2016

23 months - CJM

Well, we are already about 1/3 of the way in to Charlie's 24 month, so I'll keep this short and sweet and do one big post when he turns two! He's getting to be such a big boy with some big opinions as of late. His talking seems to be so much farther along than the other two, although I might be mis-remembering some. Some of his more current sayings include, "Me, too!" "Mommy help" "My turn" and my love/hate "NO!" I always remember having a hard time teaching the boys to respond to questions with yes and no answers. I distinctly remember them always learning no before yes as well. It's kind of funny now when I ask him things like, "did you go potty?" "do you want to eat xxx?" and he will respond with his cute and tiny voice, but very emphatic -  No! I also have been trying to work with him for weeks on asking for help when he needs it, and it looks like it finally clicked this month. I've noticed he asks for help all the time now, unprompted; whether it be with making bites of food or putting on shoes, it's precious! He's just getting to be so old, I hate it. He loves to help out around the house when he can. He'll say "me help, too" when I empty the dishwasher or try and help fold clothes when I'm doing laundry. He will also undress himself when he knows it's time to get ready to go somewhere. Here he is doing big boy things like going down the slide by himself. He will actually go down the one across from our house that's about 2.5 times as high as this one. The kid has no fear whatsoever.
Two things he loves - feeding himself and cake. He will literally help himself to just about any food, anywhere. Whether it be on the floor, half eaten, sitting on the floorboard of my car, you have to watch this kid because he will put anything the remotely looks like food into his mouth.

Poor guy endured week after week of swim practice in the stroller jail. Here he is trying to escape! Unfortunately, I just can't trust him around the pool as he would just walk straight into it if I let him out of my sight for even a few seconds.
Speaking of no fear and recklessness, the other day I was doing something on my computer in the living room and I turn my head and I notice Charlie has moved his highchair and climbed right up into it.
Then he starts scooting himself back and forth in it and eventually tries to stand.
He kills me!
This guy can give some pretty interesting looks. I told him he had to use crayons instead of markers and this is the face I got. All he likes to do with the markers is remove every single cap and then color his entire body with them.
On our way to Conroe a few weeks ago, we stopped off at Shipley's on the way. I asked Wes what I should get the boys and he said get them each a bag of donut holes. What he didn't expect was that I would just give each of them the entire bag....oops! I think Charlie finished first and by a longshot. He was probably afraid I would change my mind and take them away from him.


One day, Ryan wanted to have some privacy and read a book, so he brought his chair into the foyer. His little shadow wasn't far behind him. Charlie went and carried that chair out of the playroom and found his own book to read.
Seriously, they are like twins separated by 4 years.
Every Friday is usually just about the same routine. We head to the gym in the morning, then either go to Chick-fila for breakfast and playtime or make a Costco trip, depending on the week. This particular week must have been a Costco week. We have lately been ending the trip with some pizza, and let me tell you, for less than $5 we all eat pizza and have bottled water. Super cheap and extra delicious!

And this must have been a Chick-fil-a day. Charlie could literally do this over and over and over again.

Other than that, most all of Charlie's schedules and routines have remained the same. No major changes other than his talking and desire to do everything on his own. He is still obsessed with his cars, but also plays more pretend kitchen with his brothers. He loves to play in the water in the bathroom. I find him in there multiple times a week, usually seeing what he can throw into the toilet. He's also been introduced to some more discipline, timeouts, being told what's not acceptable, etc. I can sense the terrible twos are riiiiiight around the corner. He's started getting a little apprehensive at bedtime and not wanting to go to sleep and has asked us to rock him lately. I hate seeing him sad and scared, but I do love the extra snuggles. Love this sweet, crazy, wild little guy!!!

No comments: