Wednesday, December 14, 2016

November Wrap-up

It's been a busy fall in the Mock household. The little ones had a Donuts with Dad at their preschool earlier in the month. B was so excited for Wes to be there.


Here are responses to his questions about Wes. I especially love the Pink eyes comment. His teachers said he thought he was so funny when he gave that answer.

I had to fill in for Wes the following day since of course, the two boy's donuts day was not on the same day! This was the first time I really got out of the house after my surgery, (hence the turtleneck to cover up my bandages. I didn't want to scare off the little kiddos!) but I was so glad I was able to be there for him.
He was downing some apple juice!
I was able to go sit in with them during Music and Movement which was so cute. I love seeing what they do during the day!
Charlie has now become obsessed with his iTad as he calls it. Since the older two love to watch shows on theirs, he thinks he needs one now even though he hardly does anything with it.
I wasn't able to attend Ryan's Adventure Dash Fun Run at school as I was still recovering, but my sweet neighbor friends took lots of pics of Ryan and his buddies for me. Here is Mrs. Valentino's 1st grade class.
Ryan and Matthew, such great buddies!

They had all sorts of fun obstacles and challenges along the way.

Ryan and Ashley are pretty inseparable.
Wes captured Charlie before a jog one day. Love this little guy's smile.
Just in the past few weeks, the boys have really started having more fun playing together. They have built all sorts of forts, been playing in each other's rooms upstairs (without me!), and love playing make believe. Along with this new found playing, comes a LOT more fighting which is I guess to be expected!
Charlie really knows how to relax! I feel like he has grown up so much this fall. I am sure school is speeding up that process, but it makes me sad! He thinks he is so big and doesn't want to be associated with being little at all. He has recently learned to count to 10 and is starting to get the hang of his ABC's. One funny side note is, I always wrap him up in his bath towel and hold him like a baby in a cradle position. Recently, I asked him is he was mommy's baby, and he very quickly replied with, "No, I daddy's baby!" He loves to mess with me and proclaim his love for Wes whenever he can. He is talking in long run-on sentences, and I think he likes the sound of his own voice, so he will just talk to hear himself. I also like to ask him if he is a good boy or a bad boy. His response 99.9% of the time, "I a bad boy!" This kid is tough, and I don't just mean he won't cry when he falls down, he is a tough kid to raise. He is surly and stubborn, and a little bit spoiled. Everyday is a challenge with this guy, but we do love him, especially when he flashes those dimples at us!
He's still very into his hat, and if he remembers it, he is usually wearing it.
Our first cousin/nephew was born on our anniversary, and we couldn't be more excited. Harris Hicks entered the world on 9/29, and the boys adore him. They were so good with him and loved holding him.

Bradley was immediately infatuated and wanted him all to himself. He was very impressed with his holding/mothering skills!
Harris spit out the pacifier at one point, and he immediately grabbed it and gently put it back in. When we left, he told us that he thinks he did the "goodest" with holding the baby. He was pretty proud.

I got the preschool pics back of the boys and just about melted. They always do such a great job with posing them and getting them to smile.


We also got their sports pics back from this season which also turned out pretty good as well!!

Before Thanksgiving, MaMaw turned 97! We all went to Ciro's for dinner to celebrate. She's so fun and moving pretty well for her age. It's so impressive!
 
The nightly wrestle matches still continue to this day. They love beating up on dad!


It's been a fun month with even more fun to come in December!



No comments: