Wednesday, January 4, 2017

December Happenings

December was a busy month for us, as it always is for everyone. I realized I never put any pictures up from Thanksgiving mainly because I took NONE!!! Not sure why, it just didn't happen. The day before Thanksgiving, the kids were off of school, so we went to Chick-Fil-a - surprise, surprise! Charlie thought it would be funny to lap up his frozen yogurt like a puppy dog. He absolutely refused the spoon!


Anyone notice the photo bomber in the back? Apparently she either wanted to be in the pics or was completely unimpressed with Charlie's eating habits. I assume the latter.

 I did go to Ryan's Thankful feast at school which is always fun!
 Love my oldest boy!
I noticed some art work hanging in the hallway on our way out. They have been working on writing How-to stories.
 We spent Thanksgiving day at GiGi's house and then went to my parent's house the following day. We had some pictures taken with the Hicks family that day, and later that weekend, we had our family pics taken. Will post those in a separate post. I snapped a few pics while we were waiting in the car for our pictures because the wind was insane!

Charlie had a dentist appointment a few weeks ago and did so well. He hopped right up to brush his teeth which was kind of funny because we always brush them for him at home.
 The fun house mirrors are always entertaining.

To get the kids comfortable, they like to give them a big toothbrush to practice on the stuffed animals. He picked it up and immediately knew what to do. Just as I was about to say.......
 ....don't hit the animals, he beat me to it! I can usually predict his violent nature and when it's about to emerge.
 I got him to calm back down and be sweet.
 They told him to lay down on the chair, and this is what he did!
 Squinting from the bright lights!
 Sorry for all of the dentist pics I know it is super exciting, but they were just too cute!
He handled it like a champ. No tears, nothing! His little heart would race at times because I could see his chest rising and falling rapidly, but he was so brave!
I got our tree up around Thanksgiving, and one morning Charlie woke up super early and came down to find Mr. Ducky, the elf. He was hiding in the tree, and I thought this moment was so precious.
 Matching jammies in front of the tree. Obligatory annual pictures!
  About the best I could get, for now!
 Now he smiles, of course isn't that how it always works!

That early morning was a Shipley's kind of morning. This will definitely be a place we will miss!  
 They love their chocolate iced and cherry iced donuts!
One afternoon, we had a playdate with Ashley. I let the kids play upstairs by themselves since they were getting along so well. Next thing I know, I hear "Moooooooooom, come see what Charlie did!" I race up there to find that he had climbed INTO his crib. He was so proud of himself. So, I take him out and he goes to show me how he climbed in.
What was interesting, was that he couldn't replicate it which leads me to believe he must have just head dived into the crib in the first place!
Another matching PJ night. They were waving to Wes for a picture because he was working in Alabama that weekend.
We went to dinner one night at a new restaurant in Katy called Whiskey Cake, and had so much fun. The boys keep begging to go back.
After dinner, we headed to Starbucks for some hot chocolates and went to go look at Christmas lights at a neighborhood we went to last year. It is known for what they call Katy Christmas, and it's one crazy decorated house cued to music and everything. It's so cool.

B was so sweet. At one point, he said I just love looking at the lights and listening to Christmas music while drinking my hot chocolate. I almost teared up. I love watching the kids at this age during the holidays. They are always so full of joy and pure innocence.
  
One day while waiting in the carpool line at the boys' preschool, I unbuckled the kids like I normally do while we wait because they love to play around. All of a sudden I hear, "Mommy Wook!!!" and I turn around to see this. He was so proud of himself. My first thought when I saw this was that he reminded me of an Elf on the Shelf. This cutie cracks me up day in and day out.

 I took Charlie to his Little Gym class a few weeks ago and loved seeing him do so well. It's funny because I put all three boys in this type of class for a while when they were little and Ryan and B never really took to it. They didn't seem to like the crowds or the instruction, but Charlie loves it. He is willing to try it all and actually has so much fun doing it.

 The air track is always a big hit, even B used to love it.
 Check out that air time
He's perfected his forward roll as well. He will just bust one out anywhere and anytime, even when it's not safe. The kid has no fear.

    I had so much fun with him and loved seeing him have fun.

Up next, Bradley's 4th birthday party and Christmas activities.









No comments: