His moods can change on a dime! When he's happy, he's really happy.....
but when he's mad/sad..........he can give the death stare like no other!
He loves to be on the go. I think because since moving to Alabama, we have gone a lot of places on the weekends, he now thinks life is one big vacation. GiGi came to visit back in July, and when she was packing her bags to go home, Charlie had gone in his room and done the same. He was bound and determined to go with her!He truly is such a trooper with all of the boys sports and activities. He sat through probably 25 or more swim practices this summer and overall didn't complain too much!
Lots of snacks got him through the hour long, daily practices.
I mean, of course there were days he was a little toot! Or was very dramatic....We've sort of been working on potty training. I am a little late to the game on this one, but mainly between our busyness mixed with some laziness, it just hasn't happened! We are on the go so much, it's hard to just take the time to actually train. He actually has number 2 down pretty well, which he more or less did on his own. It's just taking the time to go tinkle all the time that he won't really do or will just forget. I am hoping when we get back from TX, we can just knock it out in a few days before school starts.
The cutest 3 year old!!!
Instead of a birthday party for Charlie, since it was the middle of the summer and he still doesn't have a ton of friends here, we opted for another weekend at the beach to celebrate him! He had big plans for the weekend. He talked about it for weeks and exactly what he expected us to buy/bring. I made sure to get him some cupcakes and candles to sing to him!Friday, we hung out at the beach all afternoon and it was such a gorgeous day!
One of the best posed pics of the boys I've ever had, and I didn't even pose them! I just said hey, y'all get together for a pic before we leave!
We went to dinner at one of our favorite places down at the beach, Anchor Bar, then headed back for dessert. He was pretty excited for cupcakes and presents!
After stuffing his face, he dove right into presents.
I think it was safe to say, it was a pretty fun day for him.
We headed out the next morning to Perdido Key to grab a boat for the day. We took a small fishing boat out because that was all that was available at the time of us booking our mini-trip. Needless to say, we won't be taking something that small out again. It was a little rough on the waters for me and my nausea! It was still a gorgeous day and we had an awesome time meeting up with our friends, the Hills.
We docked at Robinson Island for a bit and let all of the boys play.
We then followed them around and down the Intercoastal and headed toward LuLu's for lunch. It ended up being a long boat ride there and back, and Charlie just couldn't hang any longer! I couldn't either.
This kid is full of personality. I love listening to him play make believe and pretend. He plays by himself very well which amuses me since he has two brothers and built-in best friends. I'll see him breakaway and just do his own thing all of the time. It's actually pretty funny because a lot of times either B or Ryan will get intrigued with whatever it is he is playing or building and want to join in with him. He builds the most elaborate Magnatile structures that just get better by the day. He's added people, superheroes, cars, you name it to the buildings and structures he creates. He's so cute when he is talking and playing because the minute he's discovered, he gets so embarrassed! He still loves trucks and cars more than anything in the world! Thee boy can never have enough and cherishes each new one as if it was his most prized possession.
Love these little dimples!
As far as eating goes for this kid, I would say he's a lot like any other 3 year old. Some days he eats great, and others, not so much. He's not extremely interested in trying new things, however, he will try food off of our plate quite often. He loves some crockpot spaghetti squash and lasagna, even our chicken pesto pasta, but give him mac-n-cheese and he will gag until he loses his lunch. Like any kid, he loves Chick-fil-a, fruit, sweets, pizza, the usual. His veggie repertoire consists of sweet potatoes, french fries (oh, I'm counting it!), spaghetti squash, and maybe the occasional zucchini I can sneak into pasta! He might be the messiest eater on the planet. Maybe I got lucky with the first two, but Charlie is a disaster. Good thing he was 3rd, or I would have no clothes to pass down to the others. There's stains on just about anything he owns, but at least he knows to come to me to get wiped up before running around the house like a mad man.
He loves to play in the shower and fill up buckets and buckets of water. He could entertain himself in there for hours if we would let him!
His sleeping routine consists of going to bed when his brothers go to bed and getting up when I need him to get up. The joy of being a third child, he "gets" (read: has) to be flexible. In all seriousness, he goes to bed around 8:30 and gets up anywhere between 7-7:30 am. He naps for almost 2 hours a day, but it can be anywhere from starting at 12:30 to as late as 2:30 or so. It just kind of depends on whatever our schedule for that day looks like. Wes actually converted his crib to a toddler bed this week while we are in Texas. I showed Charlie a picture of it and he now keeps saying "daddy broke my bed!" I'll be curious to see if he is as obedient as the other two were with staying in bed when it's time to sleep or if he will be defiant because the kid knows how to push the limit like no other. He's too smart for his own good. He picks up on anything we say and really learns by watching us teach the other boys.
I honestly think he has the worlds greatest smile! I might be a little biased though.
We haven't taken him for a 3 year check-up yet, but will once we return to Alabama. I'll be very curious for his stats because he seems so much more petite than the other two. He wears size 3t (barely, probably could still wear some 2t) and size 9 shoe. One thing I want to have checked out, is his lisp. He's always had one and it used to be (and still is) pretty cute, but I feel like we are getting to the point we need to see if he needs speech therapy. It's almost ironic because I remember Wes and I going back and forth for months with Bradley because he seemed behind on speech and then of course, it all worked out in due course. Charlie, on the other hand, has the most exceptional vocabulary and has since a very young age, but now we may be needing this issue addressed.
Height - 39" (83%)
Weight - 33 lbs. (61%)
Here he is wanting to check his belly button because he thought it was dirty. He is very OCD and the littlest scrape, cut, nick, stain, you name it, will bother him to no end. He's very disturbed by the littlest incongruency and it will annoy him until it is fixed. He's very into routine, structure, lining things up - just like Ryan was. Maybe we have another accountant/engineer on our hands.
When we got to Texas, we had a get together planned with the Hicks cousins and their kiddos and kind of made it a little birthday party for Charlie as well since we never really had a real party. My mom got a cookie cake for him and we went to Guadalajara for lunch one day. I love when we all get together as each time, there are usually new little ones that have been born! Here's Ryan with Jackson and Will. He and Will are only 2 months apart!
Two of my little stinkers!
The birthday boy was so cute. He sang the whole song and blew out those candles, no problem!He then helped himself to a little icing before we could even start cutting the cake!
Yummmmm!
After lunch, we actually took Charlie to his first movie. We went and saw the Emoji movie (which actually was pretty cute!). He did awesome. He got out of his seat once or twice toward the end to walk around, but it was great because we had the huge recliner chairs, so there was plenty of room. He was in Heaven, just chowing down on popcorn and Icees
Me and my baby!








































No comments:
Post a Comment