So, I know I am a few weeks behind, but I am finally getting around to post pics from Ryan's birthday party. A few Sundays ago, we had a bunch of Ryan's friends and some of our family over for his party. It was after a week of torrential down pours, so I was worried about the rain when I should have been worried about the heat. It was over 90 degrees and miserably hot! We rented a bounce house for the kids which provided some shade, but it was hard to escape the sun!
The theme was cars since Ryan is into anything and everything cars these days. With a bunch of help from Pinterest and support from my mom, we were able to pull it off. I found quite a few good recipes from Pinterest as well as ideas for crafts, it made the planning part easy! Wes' sweet cousin, Rebecca, offered to come take pictures of the party since she is building her business. It was so nice to not have to worry about taking pics and just sit back and relax. You can check her out
here.
I ordered the cake and cookies from Memorial Bakery.
We set up a little photo booth, but with the heat and lack of interest for the kids to "wear" the cars - it didn't quite go as planned. Oh well, what can you expect from a bunch of two year olds?!?
The kids had a great time bouncing around; however, Ryan was only interested when there weren't too many people in it with him!
I think Ryan had a pretty great time and it lived up to both his and mine expectations! He did, however, skip his very first nap EVER before the party. I think there was just too much excitement and way to much going on for him to go to sleep. All he could talk about was "birday party" He's still talking about it. He was a little couped up on Saturday and was asking to do different things, one of which was go to a birthday party. All in all, I think everyone had a good time, next year we just may have to consider something indoors!
No comments:
Post a Comment