Monday, April 30, 2012

Funny boy

This child has been keeping us in stitches lately. I try and jot down funny things he has been saying so that I don't forget. His vocabulary and grammar is getting so much better; Wes and I think it is so cute how he is constantly trying to improve his sentences. He'll say something like "Ryan on couch" then "Ryan sit on couch" and then "Ryan's sitting on the couch." Whatever it is, he will usually correct himself a few times until he is happy with his declaration!

For instance, we have been working on sharing lately (which he actually is picking up on pretty well, surprisingly!), and the other night I had him get in my lap so I could brush his teeth and he immediately goes to grab it from my hand. So I told him that mommy would brush them, then Ryan could. Without skipping a beat he said, "Mommy, share."

He has also been really into talking about people crying or more often than not, when he is the one crying. Minutes after he will throw a fit, he will talk about how "Ryan cried in crib" or wherever he was at the time. The other day when I picked him up from school, I set my keys down on the table, and one of the little girls snagged them up. Ryan went over to her, grabbed them from her, and told her "Mommy's keys." Of course she began to cry and it must have made an impression on him because he would talk about Reagan crying at school for at least a week. We'll sometimes joke with him that if he does something that upsets us, we will cry. So he'll come over to me all the time and ask "Mommy crying?" and I'll say no, then he will follow-up in a very reassuring tone "Mommy's fine."

He has become very good (and sneaky, I might add) when it comes to eating. I guess we have said or asked enough times if he is still chewing before we make him take another bite, so now anytime we try and force another bite in his mouth - he points to his mouth and says very matter of factly "Chewing" (imagine the Charlie Sheen "winning" tag line because that is exactly how this sounds). It is really funny.

This weekend, he had put all of his trucks in our bedroom, so I told him we needed to pick them up and move them to the living room. Of course, I pick up like 4 and he chooses the big heavy one to lug around. He eventually makes it into the den, sets it down, lets out a huge sigh, and says "I'm so tired." I just about died. I have no clue where he got that from or how he knew how to use it but he then knew it made me laugh and has proceeded to say it a few other times.

Finally, his last and probably funniest thing he has been obsessed with lately, is the John Moore commercial. It must have a catchy tune and I think it is played on any given channel at least 20 times a day because he is now hooked on it and loves to sing the little tune at the end of the commercial. I tried to get a video of him singing it and this was the best I could get. If you aren't familiar with the commerical, it goes like this, "Call John....get Moore....730-2525"

He is always good for some comedic relief. I think we'll keep him around!