Height - 22.5 inches (88%)
Weight - 10 lbs. 4 oz. (59%)
Head - 15 inches (44%)
He is nursing great as displayed by his 2 lb gain in just over two weeks (despite me getting mastitis now, twice! uh) and nurses about 7 times a day. Hopefully he can drop one of those pretty soon because there are times he isn't even that hungry but just wants to be soothed. He has really started recognizing our voices and turning his head toward us a lot. He's also been giving us a few smiles here and there since about 5 weeks, which I love. We think he may have some silent reflux because every time after he eats he gets stomach cramps, turns bright red, and just kicks and flails. His doctor is trying him on some Zantac which I think might be helping, but it hasn't resolved the issue for sure. He is so sweet and content when he isn't in pain, so I hope we can get this figured out here pretty soon.
Chunky monkey
Like any baby, he loves to be held, walked around, go outside, and does pretty well when we are out and about. He has got his days and nights figured out pretty well and is sleeping like a champ compared to his big brother at this age. We usually give him a bath late at night, around 10ish, and then feed him and put him down. On average, he sleeps until 4am (last night was 5:15am, wahoo!) and then goes right back to bed until around 7:30am or so. He stays awake for about an hour at a time and usually once or twice a day even 2 hours. I think his great sleeping thus far can definitely be attributed to his white noise machine we recently purchased. He was sleeping in our room for a few weeks and the constant 90 year old man snoring and grunting was just about driving me up the walls, so I needed to drown out the sound. Now, anytime we turn it on, it's like he knows it is time to sleep. Hopefully, I haven't created a monster here, but like any mom with a newborn, I think we would do just about anything to get some good sleep! We also moved him into his room right at 1 month which has helped. He is still in his little bassinet and we are trying some naps in his crib, but they are always much shorter, so I usually go for the route that will give me more time! He is still so skittish and jumps at just about anything. I think he can hold this pose for minutes at a time :)
Big brother is so in love and just adores him. He is always so concerned where he is and loves to help take care of him. He was fussing yesterday and Ryan told my mom that she needed to go check on him and to get him. He tells everyone about his "brudder" and loves to assist with diaper changes and baths. Although he has been very jealous and feeling a slight lack of attention, he doesn't take it out on him, thank goodness (just me and Wes, which is a post for another day). He constantly wants to be wherever Bradley is, as seen below.
Trying to test out different positions to make him feel better, this lasted a whole 2 min!
Our good friends, Nancy and Manuel, have a little girl, Lucia, who is 6 weeks older than Bradley. We get together about once a week which is so fun now having little ones the same age. I am sure I will be documenting the two of them together for a very long time. Funny how our weekends have gone from Mexican Train and cocktails to taking care of screaming, hungry infants :)
Lil B's one month pics (love the stickers from GiGi!).
Big bro had to join in :)
We sure do love this lil guy, he's been the perfect addition to our family!




1 comment:
Congrats again, Jen! Beautiful family. Pass along my regards to the other Chunky Monkey as well.
Post a Comment