Monday, September 23, 2013

9 months - BLM

Our sweet B turned 9 months on Friday. He is just a ball of energy these days. He is all over the place and we can't keep up with him. He has become such a fast crawler (still army style, of course) and can get out of our sights so quickly, it's scary. He also started pulling up right after he turned 8 months and has no regard for his safety. He pulls up on everything, then when he either gets tired or turns around and thinks he is going to "walk", he face plants into whatever is close to him. It scares me to death, and I really hope his balance improves quickly because I just can't control him anymore, yet it's not safe for him to be roaming the house on his own. Yesterday he slammed straight into our entertainment center about 30 minutes before his baptism and ended up with a bruise on his cheek (from the corner of the lip all the way up his cheek bone) that made him look just like the Joker from Batman.
So proud of himself, the first time he pulled up in his crib.


He had his well check-up this morning and checked out just fine. His stats are:

Height - 30.5 inches (100%)
Weight - 19 lbs 7 oz (46%)
Head - 18 inches (68%)

Long n lean. Funny because he is the same height as Ryan at this age, but a pound and a half lighter. The crazy part to me was that his head is almost 2 inches smaller than Ryan's was at this point. Proves Ryan's head it truly gigantic :) He also had his flu shot and a heel prick to check for anemia. Everything went fine, but he screamed bloody murder during the heel prick. I feel bad, but I couldn't help but laugh. I know most moms get upset watching their babies cry during these types of things, but something about it was just humorous because even after the fact, he was going ballistic.

Bradley has started waving on command over the past week or two. It's really cute how hard he studies us do it and then you see him working on it. I love it. He also clearly says MaMa when he wants me. When I go get him from his crib, he'll just look at me with a huge smile and say MaMa. I love it. He also says it over and over again when he is upset. He has also started spitting a ton as of late. We call him a camel because he just won't stop and thinks it is so funny. He babbles and babbles all day long. He is just into everything. His current obsessions include - opening and shutting drawers/cabinet doors, messing with the receiver in our living room, looking at his reflection in the oven, and of course, typing on the laptops. He also loves crawling under his toys or the highchair and then he gets stuck and screams.

 Obsessed.

It has also become impossible to change his diapers. He literally tries to stand up, scratch at the walls, you name it, while on the changing table. It drives me crazy because he stiffens his legs up and I can't control him, at all. Ugghh!

As far as eating and sleeping goes, he is doing better on both fronts for the most part. He only eats purees and will gag and gag until he throws up on any sort of table food, mashed up food, puffs, etc. He is so particular with textures, but will try just about any puree. He eats three meals a day and takes 5 bottles of about 6-7 oz each. He naps around 10 am and 2 pm for anywhere from 45 min to 1.5 hours usually. I wish he would nap a little more, but at least he does well at night. He goes to be around 7:30 pm still and usually won't make a peep until about 6:30-7 am. He takes a bottle and then most mornings, goes back to sleep until 8 which is nice when I am trying to get up and get dressed or get the day started. He is also still in size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes.

He makes this crazy face where he tucks his chin to his chest and cuts his eyes at you while furrowing his eyebrows. I have yet to capture a good pic of this, but this is kind of close.


Bradley is extremely sensitive and sweet. He can be scared so easily and definitely is starting to get his feelings hurt as he is learning what the word "no" means. He loves his mama but is also really good about letting anyone hold him without getting too scared. He truly is so happy and we can get him to smile no matter what kind of mood he is in, but when he is mad/upset, he can scream like no other. He is completely obsessed with his lovey and has made one corner of it his chew toy. It is disgusting and brown and smelly, and no matter how many times I wash it, he gets it back to the gross state in a matter of minutes.
It is getting harder to take his monthly pics, as I can't leave him more than 3 seconds in his rocking chair for fear of him falling out, so these were the best I could get this weekend.

 He is really into pointing these days and gets so focused when he does it. It's hilarious.


Love you B man. Happy 9 months :)