Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter festivities

The few days leading up to Easter were a lot of fun. Ryan had a little Easter party at his school and is first egg hunt of the week. He had been so excited about it all week. Sad I don't have any pictures from it yet. We had planned all week to go and see the Easter Bunny on Friday, and it is all he could think/talk about for days! We decided to get to the mall pretty early, before it opened, and were about 7th or 8th in line. I knew B wasn't going to be too excited and since we there early, his patience wore thin before they even started! All he wanted to do was walk the mall, and not in the stroller. Luckily, my mom came to assist the little rascals. Ryan did great, and Bradley was so angry he kicked off his shoe into the fake plants. We had three other families helping us find the shoe afterwards. The lady taking the picture asked if we wanted to retake it, but I said no. I thought it added to the full effect of the pic (and didn't want him to suffer anymore!).

After the obligatory bunny pic, my mom took Ryan to Build-a-Bear and he had a blast. We then topped off the day with a carousel ride (which B also hated) and Chick-fil-a. At least B loves their waffle fries. It was definitely a Good Friday.
Saturday morning, we got up and went to breakfast at Fountainview Cafe. Wish we would have known about this place before a month prior to us moving! It was yummy and cheap!
 Bradley loved their pancakes, as did I!

 We then headed out to Memorial Park so the boys could play on the playground. We wore them out!

That afternoon, we finally dyed the eggs that I promised Ryan we would do. Wes and Ryan went to get a haircut and I get a text from Wes saying that Ryan is fretting I am dying the eggs without him. He was THAT excited about doing this!



The finished product. He was so proud of them, he wanted us to take them with us everywhere on Easter so he could show the grandparents.
It was definitely a fun day. We topped it off by celebrating the sale of our house (well , hopefully. It is a contingency sale, so praying it all goes through!) at Vic & Anthony's with Scoot and Alissa. Then headed home to get ready for the bunny to make a stop.

No comments: