Friday, October 7, 2016

First day of school 2016 - CJM and BLM

Bradley and Charlie both started school a few weeks after Ryan. Bradley just could not wait, and Charlie had no idea what was coming. I had taken Ryan to get new tennis shoes and a haircut one random day before school started, so Bradley wanted the same exact treatment! This first picture is just too funny. I had come home one morning to get him and take him out and this is how he was dressed. After haircut and shoe shopping, he was going to spend the night with CoCo and Poppy. My first thought was that he had put on socks since we would be trying on shoes, (albeit a very odd choice since they were his Altitude Trampoline park socks with Crocs) but when I asked him why he was dressed that way he said, well this is how Ryan was dressed when he spent the night with CoCo a few weeks ago. Funny how kids can remember such tiny details, he just wants to be big!

 The next day was meet the teacher, and Charlie was up first. When we have asked him if he wanted to go to school, he would always say "No. I stay with Yami!" So I wasn't sure how this was going to go. He did immediately walk right in and started playing cars. Here are his two super cute and sweet teachers. This is the Younger 2's class, (Bradley was in the older Two's last year) and the two Two's classes do a whole lot together. B got to know these two pretty well last year and just loved them, so I knew they would be great for Charlie.
Bradley was too busy for me to a get a picture of him during his meet the teacher, but he loved exploring his new classroom and didn't want to leave. When the first day was finally here, B couldn't wait (and Charlie was pretty excited, too). They were wanting to carry their backpacks all around the house. B was overly eager to take his first day pics.
 
  He was just so excited!
 Of course, he wanted a picture with Charlie, too!
 
Now, Charlie on the other hand, was a different story. He seemed like he was ready for pics, but his attention span quickly diminished.
  ...but, he did look pretty dang cute!


 

  
  One more try at a brotherly shot! 

 Time to grab the napmats and head off! 


Once we parked and headed in, they immediately wanted to put on their backpacks to walk in.

 Bradley is so excited to have Charlie here with him and was ready to show him the ropes!

 and this just about melted my heart!
  


We went to drop B off first, as he couldn't wait to get in!

 Here is Mrs. Alli greeting Charlie at the door.

He did go straight to the cars and started playing. He told me a few times that I needed to sit down with him. After I decided it was time to leave, I told Charlie I loved him, and he knew exactly what that meant. He immediately burst out into tears, and it made me so sad. So, I left rather than staying and making it worse.

They told me that afternoon that he did really well and only cried for a few minutes. He even napped on his napmat for the first time which was a huge surprise! Well, that evening about midnight, B woke up puking everywhere. Needless to say, he missed school Wednesday, and they both missed Thursday since Ryan came down with the bug on Wednesday. Not how I envisioned our first week going, but hopefully we got it out of the way! I ended up with it on Friday and luckily that is where the damage stopped. Fast forward to Tuesday, and Charlie looked too cute to not take a pic! He said he was wanting to go to school which made me happy!

  


 Here they are holding hands, again!!
Well, I went to go drop Charlie off and to my surprise, he handed me his backpack and told me "I go play cars!" He walked off and never looked back. No bye, no nothing! It actually made me a little sad. I love how independent he is, so I shouldn't complain, but it makes me sad he isn't a baby anymore! That week, we celebrated an illness free week with snocones after school! Since it is still unbearably hot here, it was a nice treat!


Note to self, never, ever, EVER get a blue snocone again. This stuff stained everything and didn't even come off of his body in the bath that night!
 But he sure did love it!
   

 Good to the last drop!

I would say school has been great for all of the boys. They all 3 have just wonderful teachers and seem to be loving it. I want to start asking Bradley the same questions at the beginning of each school year as I have done with Ryan. So, here it is, with very little prompting from me.


BRADLEY:
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite food: Lasagna, spaghetti, grapes, marshmallows, cereal, pizza, Chick-fil-a
Favorite toy: calendar from GiGi from Nicaragua, iPad, Magnatiles
Favorite show: the Slime video, Finding Dory, Paw Patrol
When I grow up I want to be: Police officer
Favorite thing to play: tag, build forts, play pretend
Favorite animal: tiger
Favorite thing to wear: his JJ Watt jersey 
Favorite book: Let it Shine ("This  Little Light of Mine")
Best friend: Hannah!!! Claire, Madison, and Jacob (all from school)
What you sleep with at night: Lovey, baby, pillow, blankets, and a ton of stuffed animals!
Favorite song: This Little Light of Mine
What are you really good at: unbuckling Charlie's seatbelt, baseball
Favorite thing to do with mom: play in the pool
Favorite thing to do with dad: Have pizza with him, wrestle on the bed
Favorite sport to play: baseball
Favorite place to go: McDonalds, Chuck E. Cheese, Great Wolf Lodge, the Texans game
Favorite place to go out to eat: El Jarrito, BB's Cafe, and the BBQ Place (Red River)

No comments: