Thursday, October 6, 2016

First day of school - 2016 WRM

Trying to get caught up on the blog and need to go back a bit to document the first days of school for the boys. Ryan started off first the last part of August. We had meet the teacher the week before starting, and Ryan was pretty pumped. We found out that his teacher, Mrs. Valentino, lives across the street from us! Ryan thought it was pretty cool. He is always looking for her when we are at the playground, or wanting to go over and say hi to her. I've had to teach him about personal boundaries!!


He was definitely ready for school to start. He finally learned to tie his shoes about 5 days before school started, thank goodness! He was pretty excited to finally have some "tie" shoes.
  
   Love this handsome, big boy!
   
 Finally a first grader!
Bradley really wanted to hop in for a quick pic before heading out. You can see how thrilled Charlie was.
We get to walk them in for the first few days if we want, so I walked him to his classroom the first day. It was a mess! I had both boys in tow and thought it would be too much of a nuisance to drag the stroller in, so I carried them. Well, they wanted to get down and walk in the hallway with the other 50000 people, so I let them. Well, after about 2 minutes, somehow Ryan tripped or got run into and fell on top of B and Charlie smack dab in the middle of the hallway. It was a dogpile and a little chaotic! They all seemed to recover and we got Ryan dropped off safe and sound!
They do something everyone morning where the teacher greets them and the kid gets to choose high five, hollywood kiss or fist bump. Here she is giving Ryan a fist bump.
 And off he goes!
He loves school and was so excited to tell me about all the differences between Kinder and 1st, it was so cute!

Walking home in the 110 degree heat after a long first day. 
I had forgotten to find the Class of 2032 shirt for Ryan to snap a few pics in, so we did it after school.
 Crazy to think that one day he will fill this out!

 Here is his last year vs. this year. You can tell it actually fits just a wee bit better, sorta! 
After the first few weeks of school were underway, Ryan asked to start riding his bike. So we let him a few days a week. He was so excited to learn how to use a lock and lock it up. Here he is and his friend Matthew on hist first day to ride!
I thought I had asked these questions to him at the beginning of last year, but can't seem to find them but found the ones back from 2014. Hopefully, I can do a better job keeping up with it on a more regular basis!

Favorite color: Orange and Red
Favorite food: Pizza, chicken nuggets, big colored lollipops, grapes
Favorite toy: Paw Patrol, iPad, read books, and write stories
Favorite show: Teen Titans, the LEGO movie, Tom & Jerry
When I grow up I want to be: Author
Favorite thing to play: Hide from Charlie, play with friends on the playground
Favorite animal: Panda and Tiger
Favorite thing to wear: Under Armour (he said, "you know that answer!!")
Favorite book: Magic Treehouse
Best friend: Ashley, Matthew, Grant, and Abbey and Sylar
What you sleep with at night: Puppy, blanket and that's all!!
Favorite song: Kids Bop music
What are you really good at: reading and writing, being an entertainer!
Favorite thing to do with mom: see movies and go swim, snuggle and watch TV
Favorite thing to do with dad: go to Legofest, tickles on the bed
Favorite sport to play: basketball, no wait, swim!
Favorite place to go: Target, CoCo and Poppy's, GiGi's, and Great Wolf Lodge
Favorite place to go out to eat: El Jarrito, BBQ place, and BB's cafe

No comments: