Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

We brought back a cute pumpkin from our visit to the pumpkin patch from our church, and I thought Sunday night it would be fun for Ryan to carve his first pumpkin (or at least watch!). As expected, he wasn't too interested in the whole process. In fact, after he walked outside into the sun, he threw his hands up over his face and was yelling "Hot, hot" (takes after his MaMa!). He then proceeded to hang out in the shade except for the times we MADE him come help out!
 Dad hard at work (I was in charge of documenting and giving instructions :)

 Ryan was instructed to help spoon out the guts!


 He then became more intrigued with the goop and wanted to dish it back out and throw it in the grass.

 Great job for an engineer :)
 Ryan became bored and wanted to try and water the plants/grass

  The finished product - Ryan's in deep thought!
"You want me to do what?!?!"
 Yay for a smile!



Unfortunately this will be the only pic of Ryan in his Halloween costume. I actually tried it on him a week ago and got a few pics. Kind of glad I did because Saturday he spiked a 103 degree fever multiple times and after a trip to the Urgent Care clinic, discovered it was just a virus. He was pretty much back to normal by Sunday night, but yesterday he just wasn't himself still so I did not want to torture him and as you can see below - he HATES things on his head so it was off in .5 seconds. Oh well, maybe it will fit next year and we actually trick-or-treat!!

No comments: