Thursday, November 3, 2011

Zoo Day

I hate to admit it, but Tuesday was Ryan's first trip to the zoo. I don't feel as bad about it after taking him because he still wasn't THAT into it. A few mom's and their tots from his MDO class got the kids together and took them to the zoo for the day. It was a beautiful day and not crowded at all, so it should've been perfect, but he had a meltdown within about 15 minutes of being there, didn't want to sit in the stroller, and would find the most random things to be interested in and then not want to leave and throw major fits (guess it's the beginning of the terrible twos).

We saw elephants, lions, meerkats (he was calling them goggy or doggy), giraffes, monkeys, tigers, and rhinos. We got there when the elephants were getting a bath and he was pretty intrigued with that.

He liked following the meerkats around (probably because this was the first animal we stopped at)
 These were the best shots I could get of the kids. The were really into the elephants' baths.




After the meltdown, I gave up on trying to get pictures. He did really enjoy watching the monkeys and would shout "makee, makee" then tell them byebye. It was pretty cute; when we got home he pulled out one of his books with monkeys and kept talking about them. He got pretty tired toward the end so I don't know if he really paid too much attention the 2nd hour. Guess we'll just have to try again another day!

No comments: